Evri lost my Ebay parcel £844

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fine.

Register with the MoneyClaim online County Court Internet account and start preparing your claim.

Post up a draft of your particulars of claim here before clicking it off.

Later on you will have to indicate whether or not you are prepared to go to mediation. EVRi will say yes but we are now saying that it would probably be the best idea if you decline mediation but go directly to trial.
It's up to you but to forget we are a campaigning group as well and we would like to get some judgements on this issue of third party rights as well as additional judgements relating to the insurance requirement.
As you probably realise, we have three judgements already. In fact we have 1/4 but the person we helped in respect of that claim has refused to provide us with any details allowing us to obtain a copy of the judgement.

When you win, we hope that you will help us get a copy of the judgement so that we can add it to our arsenal against EVRi and the rest of the courier company that use these fake insurance schemes

Incidentally, once you post up your draft POC, we will probably want to make one or two particular amendments.

I will get my hands on with the judgement and put it up – although it doesn't bring anything new to the argument. It simply adds weight to the principle that the insurance is unenforceable and seeks to sell duplicate rights.

The third case has now been added. If you go back to the post containing the other two judgements and also the skeleton argument you will find that there are now three judgements.

Please check the edits in red. Make sure that you are happy with it and it is all correct.

I think we need to start referring to their enhanced compensation scheme as "– insurance" – which is what it is.

I have indicated that they call it enhanced compensation – please check that that is the correct term. It might be parcel protection or something else. Amend the suggested particulars of claim as necessary.

Let us know if this is the version you want to use.

I'm aware of that but put it in any way. It will pre-empt the situation.

Also, make sure that you start referring it always as an "insurance policy"

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2023 at 19:26, occysrazor said:

On Packlink, the non-insured option for delivery by Evri did not offer proof of delivery, so I chose delivery by Evri with "standard insurance" which provides proof of delivery.

Do they actually use this phrase – "standard insurance"?
If so, please can you link us to where they say it

7 hours ago, occysrazor said:

I am claiming as a beneficial third-party per the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. The defendant has lost the claimant's parcel containing a xxxxx (valued at £839.99) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service eference xxxxx).

The defendant lost the parcel and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £839.99, plus eBay fees of £21.80, plus interest per s. 69 County Courts Act 1984 

does that work?

4 minutes ago, occysrazor said:

I had got that wrong.

It is important that mistakes like this are not made. Please can you check

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this.

Keep on doing the reading. Monitor the County Court website just in case you are able to get judgement on 8 August – but the pattern is that they wait until the last moment and then they file an acknowledgement which gives them an extra 14 days. They always manage to get things in at the nick of time.

Lots of reading

• 2 weeks later...

If you have done your reading, you will see that this is absolutely normal. Everything gets left absolutely to the last moment in order to cause maximum delay, maximum disruption, maximum obstacles to their customers legitimate claims.

Welcome to EVRi

• 2 weeks later...

Please will you post up the original in PDF format.

Have you decided to go for mediation or to reject it?

In that case all we can say is that you should stand your ground and refuse even to give up a single penny..

The money is yours. If it goes to trial then you have them over a barrel. You will win. They don't want another judgement against them.

Stand your ground whatever the cost

Let us know when you get a mediation date and then we will check it all over