Salary not paid correctly?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, looks like sick pay is SSP and not full pay - she needs to get a copy of the sick absence policy.

• I agree 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• 2 weeks later...

The contract is dated Dec 22, so according to the sick pay section she  doesn't have a years service and is only entitled to SSP.

A common way of showing that would be to deduct the days from salary, and add it back in again as SSP.

First 3 days of a sickness period aren't eligible for SSP so I am guessing that is the other absence on file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

It looks ok to me, I would ask payroll to talk me through it if unsure. I don't know what codes they use for everything.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/06/2023 at 10:26, Nicky Boy said:

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but with all the sick periods being due to pregnancy / ante natal reasons, shouldn't the employer be reminded about their obligations about indirect sex discrimination?

Only if they were breaching them. They aren't.

WWW.DAVIDSONMORRIS.COM

Special rules apply when managing Pregnancy Related Sickness Absence. This guide summarises the key points for HR and managers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1