ESP ANPR PCN Claimform - Crossgate Church/Landmark St Marys Street North Preston PR1 5LG,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your conclusions about the fleecers' signs is spot on.  This is typical of these charlatans.  Take over a car park, put a small number of signs where no-one will see them, and so catch regular users out.  The government Code of Practice states that extra signs should be put up to show a change of management of the car park.  Of course they'll have done none of this.

5 minutes ago, Speedjawa said:

anyone who has paid a penalty would be entitled to their money back? What think you?

In what sense entitled?  The spivs certainly won't give money back.  Anyone in that position could sue the fleecers, but a judge would want to know why they paid if they didn't think they owed the money.

The solution with these vile companies is always the same - don't pay them.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/04/2023 at 14:28, dx100uk said:

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• dx100uk changed the title to ESP ANPR PCN Claimform - Crossgate Church/Landmark St Marys Street North Preston PR1 5LG,
2 minutes ago, Speedjawa said:

The court emailed me some (what I thought were) defence forms to fill in. I filled them in, returned them by email.

This is very strange.  Can you please upload what you received, and what you sent back?

Yes, but you've come to the site for help, and then done things in a completely different way from everyone else on the forum, without telling us, and it's now a struggle to understand what went wrong.

There may still be a way to rescue this.

Which e-mail address did you send the form to?

So your AOS was received by the court, it's the defence that is missing and therefore you've lost the case.

Thank you.  There might still be a way to rescue this.  When you e-mailed the court, did you get any sort of automatic acknowledgement of the mail or did you request a return receipt?

The initial stages of a court case are typically done on-line through MCOL.

1.  The fleecers start their claim, and a claim form drops on your mat.

2.  You get on MCOL and file Acknowledgement of Service.

3.  A fortnight later you get back on MCOL and file a defence.

That is what dx's guide above told you to do, and Nicky Boy said the same.  It's what every motorist who is sued does in every thread on this forum.

But you've e-mailed the defence instead of doing it on-line and the damn court has gone and lost it.

As dx says, get back on the phone to the court, point out that you did e-mail a defence, and see what they say.  Then we can take it from there.

I'm very sorry about you getting this judgement, which is blatantly unfair.

However, why you didn't just follow the instructions dx and Nicky Boy gave, like everyone else in hundreds of similar threads, is beyond me.  Your unpalatable choices now are -

1.  Pay the fleecers their £287.  If you do it within 30 days of judgement you won't get a CCJ.

2.  Pay £275 you'll never see again to apply to set aside judgement, which should go in your favour, but you might get a moany judge deciding it was your own fault.

3.  Defy the court and not pay.  I've been here seven years and have never seen the fleecers enforce for just a single ticket.  But if you do this you'll have a knackered credit file for six years.