Unregistered meter - free electricity

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

- Police

No crime has been committed, nothing to do with us We cannot change the data 

Well they would say that, wouldn't they. But arguably the people using the electricity are guilty under s13 of the Theft Act ("Abstracting Electricity"):

13Abstracting of electricity.

A person who dishonestly uses without due authority, or dishonestly causes to be wasted or diverted, any electricity shall on conviction on indictment be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.

Anybody who uses electricity must know it has to be paid for. Anybody doing so and not paying for it are using it dishonestly and without authority. But you wouldn't expect the police to get involved in such a trifling matter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, free1 said:

I did check this out, but the police stated that they will never instigate proceedings, because they have no evidence that a law has been broken

Of course they haven't got any evidence because they haven't set out to find it. It's their job to gather it. But of course, as I intimated in my earlier post, they're most unlikely to investigate it.