Returning Ebay items to China ***Resolved***

michelle456
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder if anyone knows of any ways of contacting Ebay by email that isn't unmonitored or a telephone number that doesn't tell you to go online between disconnecting.

I'd be happy to go online if their website worked properly, but I end up going round in circles and giving up. 

I bought a jacket which I carefully measured against their sizing chart (coming from China), but it still came up too small. I requested a refund and went through the standard Chinese format of "give it to a friend/relative/passer by" and we'll give you 20%, 35% and then 50% but I refused. Ebay made them supply a prepaid FedEx label to return it. The parcel was rejected by two FedEx agents saying it could not be processed as the details were wrong and Ebay ordered them to put a proper label online, but they have sent the same label.

Ebay got annoyed with their attitude and told me "Congratulations, we have reviewed your case and found in favour of you. We will ensure you receive a full refund once the seller received the jacket back." I replied back and asked if the FedEx label was now valid and what export documentation did I need for China? This morning I received an automated reply telling me "our emails are not monitored."

That's why I need a valid email address, telephone number or some way of getting an answer to my questions.

Thanks for any help.

Michelle

just reply on the dispute section of ebay for your items listing on orders on ebay ..not hit reply to ebay on the email they sent .

simple answer is forget ebay totally...go do a charge back to your bank.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, but whereever I look I can't find Disputes. I suspect this is because Ebay considers there is no dispute - they have ok'ed a refund, the seller has issued a label.

Ebay messaged me to say:

We have reviewed this case and decided in your favour. You should return the item to the seller for a refund. We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase.

You need to send the item back to the seller by 03 Mar, 2023 to receive this refund. You must send the item with tracking information. The seller's delivery address and postage instructions are available on the case details page. Please don't forget to enter the tracking information there. We'll issue you a refund once tracking details confirm that the item has been delivered to the seller.

This has a link that gives me two options - to add tracking details or close the case.

I just need to check the label is now valid and if any importation documentation is required to show what I am sending and its value.

I is a common problem with Chinese sellers that add a postage label that doesn't work so the return times out and they don't have the item back. 

You can message ebay through Facebook that does work. But normally customer service is easy to get through to via the contact us page, you might have to try at different times of the day to get through to someone in Ireland.

If all else fails as DX said do a chargeback via you bank or through Paypal if you used them

Hi, I have a business account that I can speak to them on but on my personal account I can only chat with the automated assistant , you can try that then you will have a record of the conversation.

Just found this link at the bottom of their contact page. You will need to be logged into your account to open the link:

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P–Q | R | S | T | U | V | W–Z

I managed to have an online chat last week and would be more than happy with that.

I don't know where I am going wrong? 

1. I log in to my account.

2. I go to Help and Support

3. I select the item I am trying to return and get three options - view/change feedback, contact a seller or check status of return, which I select.

4. View Request Details.

5. Close case or add tracking details. There is a Help and Support option at the bottom of the page, but this will take me back to 2.

This website is so badly designed or is it just me?

Genius, so easy and obvious to everyone.

1. Login to Ebay 

2. Open Help and Support page

3. Scroll down to the bottom to Policies and open

4. Go all the way down to Have Us Call You Back

So obvious Ebay. 

Thank you, just_jue,

• Like 1

:pound:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just an update.

Some Chinese sellers really don't like doing refunds, do they?

They provided a valid tracking reference, but a fake barcode on the label. Then when Ebay forced them to the correct this, they highlighted the tracking number which blocks FedEx being able to process it.

So Ebay said on Friday, "No worries, for now, I will send an email to the seller  for them to send you a correct label until February 28 and I will hold the case as well. This is now a final warning to the seller. If they failed to send you a correct label, we will refund you without returning the item on March 1."

Thanks again to just_jue for showing me how to contact Ebay.  

• Like 1

• Andyorch changed the title to Returning Ebay items to China ***Resolved***