DPD delivered to wrong address...saying case closed as delivered to right address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

New member here, joined looking for help...

I had ordered a little synth from Andertons music and awaited next day delivery as promised...

The delivery time was texted as 12-1pm and then amended to 2.30pm by text....Nothing arrived on the day so the following day I went to the tracking and it said my parcel was delivered at 8.20pm...

I phoned Andertons and was told it would take up to 5 working days to look into it with DPD...After 5 days they emailed me to say the case has been closed as DPD say the parcel has been delivered as the coordinates agree and there is a photo of the parcel in the doorway...Andertons sent me the picture and its a completely different house...There is no number of the house on the picture however...I emailed saying this was wrong as not my house and 5 days on I've received nothing from them...

I've started a dispute as payed with PayPal but was wondering if anything more can be advised as, as much as anything, I would like to clear my name as well as getting my money back...I have the pictures of the two properties doors but not sure if it's ok to post them on here...

Thanks in advance for any help...

Simon

Hi

Had a similar issue except a different courier and done the same the coordinates state delivered except the coordinate they are relying on do not give your exact address but a street location and photo evidence, provided my photo evidence which proves wrong address, they accepted but needed to provided all this to seller for them to reimburse me and make a claim to the courier. Seller Refunded

Question:

Did you provide Courier and Retailer with photographic evidence of your actual Front Door/Letterbox?

The responsibility for the safe delivery of your item is with the Retailer you purchased that item from as they should be disputing this with DPD due to your proof that their photo evidence is not your Front Door (make sure and provide photo evidence of your actual front door) as the Retailer either needs to send you the goods you purchased or refund you as it is for the Retailer to make a Claim for this item being  delivered to the wrong address with DPD.

How much did the item cost?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Stu...

Thanks for your reply...

I've sent the retailer the two pictures 'side by side' of the two front doors...The courier picture hardly shows any of the door and no number whereas mine shows my full door, number and some of the hallway...

I've not been in touch with DPD at all, as the retailer said not to and they would deal with it...It's gone quiet on their side as not heard from them in nearly a week...

It was a little synthesiser and cost £109 with 'free next day postage'

Thanks again

Simon

Since you paid with Paypal the dispute process is fairly easy.

Start by raising a dispute with paypal immediately. This will show the retailer that you're not joking around. Make sure you communicate to the retailer in writing, via paypal and/or directly, so you can have evidence. Give them a deadline such as 10 business days to refund you. If they fail to refund you or ignore you, you can then escalate the dispute with Paypal and given what you have said about the evidence that is already in your possession I am positive that Paypal will issue you an immediate refund as soon as you escalate.

Just make sure you are aggressive with the deadlines and don't let them lapse.

Edit: Sometimes retailers will try to pressure you to drop your dispute in exchange for a promise to refund you. Always refuse. You will drop your dispute AFTER the refund is received and not before.

Sorry as usual I haven't read your post very well...

You've already raised the dispute, well done. How long ago was that? All you need to do is pick a date to escalate. I would give the retailer a deadline in writing at least once, as further evidence that you are trying to resolve the issue, so the issue isn't you.

About clearing your name, surely you must be joking? How is your name ever going to be affected by this. You ordered an item online from a seller who knowingly employs the most dirt cheap, unreliable courier in the UK (after Evri). The courier screwed up and the retailer refuses to take responsibility. This has nothing to do with you, it's their job to sort out. It's the retailer who should be worried about their reputation, and they know it, so don't hesitate to hammer this point across when you write to them.

Edited by Kyosanto

Cheers Kyosanto...

I've raised a refund with Paypal and they emailed me saying they have contacted the seller...

I emailed the seller, here's a copy of the letter sent after being told by them that the issue is resolved...

"This is totally unacceptable... 
Your parcel was delivered to the wrong address and I resent the fact that it was deemed a compitent delivery... 
Here are the pictures of the address the parcel was delivered and of my address...Totally different...
I have stayed patient over this but it has dragged on for too long now... 
Please send me in writing to this email a categorical  statement saying the parcel was delivered to (xxxxxx address) so I can pursue the matter further...
If not I still wish the item to be re-delivered please "

That was sent on Friday 20th Jan and I raised the refund on Monday after hearing nothing back and I've heard nothing since...

Thanks for your help. Anything I can add to my next email would be much appreciated..

Cheers 

Simon

I'd suggest something like this if this help:

As you know, I have begun a Paypal dispute on Monday 23rd, following an issue where the courier you hired to deliver my purchased item, delivered it to the wrong address, then falsely claimed it was delivered to my address. Despite me reporting this to you with evidence you have been ignoring my emails so far and have not responded to the Paypal dispute.

I expect that before Monday 6th Feb, you will ship the item I ordered and paid for, to the correct address.

If you are unable to ship the item, I will expect a full refund by the same date.

I will be more than happy to cancel my Paypal dispute if one of these 2 outcomes is reached by the stated date. Failing so, I will escalate the dispute with Paypal for a full refund, evidence in hand including this email. I also intend to leave reviews on the relevant websites and Social Media to inform the public of the quality of service that can be expected when placing orders with you.