NKD/JMR Letter of Claim - old Kuwait Car Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

DUBAI Debt (From 2014) - Letter from JMR Solicitors - resident in scotland - Overseas Debt/Overseas Account issues - Consumer Action Group

I received an almost identical letter from the same solicitors late last month (Dec 2022) related to an alleged debt overseas. I only know which country they must be relating it to by the currency mentioned (a GCC country). They claim my previous bank is their client.

No other specific reference to a timeframe or what the debt relates to. They claim to have a signed agreement- which I haven’t received a copy of- just as your letter above. I did live and work in the GCC country (which the currency relates to) several years ago. I’ve been based in England for years now but due to move abroad again for work in May and concerned about potential travel ban/Interpol/ arrest/detainment!!

I have been in my current property several months only and my previous GCC bank certainly don’t have that address. Confused. 

What have been your next steps?

Should I be concerned about travel implications? What is statute of limitations in GCC countries? Need guidance on what to do!

Many thanks in advance

Viv Par

Please help!

I received an almost identical letter as @jolly rodgerfrom the same solicitors JMR Solicitors late last month (Dec 2022) related to an alleged debt overseas. I only know which country they must be relating it to by the currency mentioned (a GCC country). They claim my previous bank is their client.

No other specific reference to a timeframe or what the debt relates to. They claim to have a signed agreement- which I haven’t received a copy of. There are other errors in their letters.

I did live and work in the GCC country (which the currency relates to) several years ago. I’ve been based in England for years now but due to move abroad again for work in May and concerned about potential travel ban/Interpol/ arrest/detainment!!

I have been in my current property several months only and my previous GCC bank certainly don’t have that address. Confused. 

What have been your next steps @jolly rodger?

Should I be concerned about travel implications? What is statute of limitations in GCC countries? Need guidance on what to do!

Many thanks in advance

Viv Par

• dx100uk changed the title to but mistakes made in their letters
  • dx100uk changed the title to CGG Country Debt - Letter from JMR Solicitors but mistakes made in their letters

stop playing secret squirrel

which country and what is the debt.

bottom line is there is nothing they can do to you.

who are JMR's stated client?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

14 hours ago, Viv Par said:

Hi there

DUBAI Debt (From 2014) - Letter from JMR Solicitors - resident in scotland - Overseas Debt/Overseas Account issues - Consumer Action Group

I received an almost identical letter from the same solicitors late last month (Dec 2022) related to an alleged debt overseas. I only know which country they must be relating it to by the currency mentioned (a GCC country). They claim my previous bank is their client.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

There were two letters received on the same day with almost identical information; the difference being, the second letter used SAR currency in the actual body of the letter and not KWD. Letter text below.

I lived and worked in Kuwait almost 7 years ago and took out a car loan from the bank on behalf of my ex-husband who didn’t meet the salary threshold to get a loan himself. When I left the country in a hurry with my young children in a bid to get away from him, the debt wasn’t cleared. I negotiated with my ex to keep up the repayments but I doubt that happened. Hence being very concerned by these letters. I do not know how my address could have been found by the bank and don’t believe these letters have come from them.

I did receive some free legal advice from a solicitor on Monday this week and subsequently the Citizens Advice Bureau who advised me to send the following email from a new email acc which contained no real information about myself. It said simply, “Further to your letter dated 28th Dec 2022, please send the copy of the signed agreement and acknowledge receipt of this email”. I sent that on Monday afternoon and I received a reply, unusually at 2am, on Tuesday saying, “Please note we are in receipt of both of your emails and we have asked the bank to send us the signed agreements. As soon as we receive the same we will forward them onto you. Kind Regards,

I wish now that I hadn’t done that and even more concerned I’ve screwed myself.

Appreciate any help or guidance. 

LETTER OF CLAIM

Client: NBK

Amount Due: Outstanding debt in the sum of KWDXXXX

We are instructed on behalf of the above mentioned client to pursue you for immediate payment of the outstanding amount owed to them.

We have been advised that the amount outstanding is KWDXXXXX which has arisen from a financial product that you took out with our client. We are in receipt of your signed agreement which constituted a binding contract between yourself and our client.

You have failed to honour your part of the agreement which has lead to our client appointing us with instructions to issue legal proceedings against yourself. This letter is being sent to you in accordance with Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct and Protocols (the Pre-Action PD) contained in the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR).

In particular we refer you to paragraphs 13 to 16 of the Pre-Action PD Concerning the Courts power to impose sanctions failing to comply with its provisions. We refer you to the Practice Direction (Pre-Action Protocols) in particular paragraph 15 and the sanctions for non compliance. You can find there on the Ministry of Justice website at:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedurerules/civil/rules/pd pre-action conduct.

Our client has demanded payment in full, failing which we will have no option but to pursue the same via the Courts. There would appear to be no reason why this sum should not be paid immediately as it is your outstanding liability and is overdue for repayment.

We have been provided with sufficient documents in support of the same and will provide copies to the Courts should the need arise. We would be grateful if you would contact us as a matter of urgency to discuss settlement

of the outstanding amount.

We respectfully suggest that it is in your interest if you contact us on receipt of this letter as it will help us in enabling a swift negotiated settlement to be reached and it will avoid any further interest accruing on your outstanding debt.

Please note as this is a commercial debt we reserve the right to claim statutory interest at the rate of 8% from the date that the debt becomes overdue. We are entitled to claim any subsequent rate when the Bank of England reference rate changes and the debt remains unpaid in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002. Please note we are also entitled to claim compensation in the sum of £40 for any unpaid debts up to £999.99.

In addition to the above, please note that a travel ban may be put into place and INTERPOL may be notified of the debt being pursued against you. You may be at risk of being arrested, questioned and detained if you choose to travel from this point onwards.

To avoid this please contact us immediately.

We now provide you with the opportunity to amicably resolve this matter by contacting us on 0161 491 3933 or xxxxx@jmrsolicitors.co.uk to arrange repayment of your debt.

If we do not hear from you within 14 days of this letter, we have been instructed to commence legal proceedings against you.

If for any reason you dispute the claim being made against you, please provide us with details so that we may investigate this matter further.

Please note all communication in relation to this matter should be in writing quoting the above reference number or by telephone using the contact details above.

Yours Faithfully,

right you've got a letter of claim 

so what you should have done is NOT HIDE.

thats pointless and very dangerous as they could go for a backdoor court claim to an old address you might have been at in the uk.

what you should have done is follow post 5 after hitting letter of claim.

ps forget the things like interpol and arrest etc,, thats old hat and does not happen anymore AFAIK. its just a scare tactic put around by these fleecers.

so read the link and tell us how much of our suggested actions you have actually taken?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to NKD/JMR Letter of Claim - old Kuwait Car Loan

I’m so anxious. Thanks for what you’ve said. So I shouldn’t have followed CItizens Advice and sent that email from new acc. Next step.. I need to print the form as suggested on post 5 of that link and send in hard post? 

upto you.

pers i would .

dont be an anxious seriously

have you any assets in the UK?

can i just confirm, the letter of claim came by royal mail and not email?
and it had a reply pack wanting your to fill out an I&E sheet?

and they

sounds about typical for their empty threats.

if you've no assets like a house then not alot in the end of the day they can do to really harm you.

as i said ultimately these only result in a ccj that they can never really collect upon bar tiny <£10 payments.

or a statutory demand , which 9/10 are mere threats , but their end result if they are presented to a court simply results in bankruptcy, which is no real issue if its only for this debt.

i'll repeat again my pers view is this is all simply willy waving going nowhere

if you have a look at numerous uae etc debt threads in this same forum. most UAE banks have signed up with irdww at a corporate level, they spew out letters etc to wind people in , use an ever changing number of solicitors to try these tricks, they each in turn refuse to work with irdww because of the unethical action they make them take and irdww move onto the next mug solicitor ... JRW are simply their next mug solicitor. all the while the debt owner, xxx bank, have no idea they are doing these things.

and if they were contacted by letter directly, and are informed of the whole picture and are offered direct small payments by passing the fleecers, they either become happy and tell irdww etc to back off, or simply forget about the debtor, as they have probably done form day one when you and 100'000 fed the country.

sadly the area and banking system is very corrupt and throws out money like water.

dx

and they

It’s obvs uncomfortable over the years assuming ex didn’t sort the debt but with young children in tow+ enough worries, you just get on with it.

anyway I will still send the form as suggested on the other post, and see what happens

really appreciate your time and explanations 

Sorry can I go back a step

Help with the recommended reason to dispute the debt.. for the form please 

Can I amend UAE to GCC on the form as Kuwait isn’t in the UAE just borders it

there isnt one use the default

ofcourse.

and they