- Big Red Carpet Company,Faulty Carpet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We aren't here to advise you on whether you should use some fabric paint in order to conceal the defects in the item that you were sold.

We are here to advise you on your rights and how you can get 100% in return for the hundred percent that you paid.

On the basis of what you tell us, you have a perfect case. I wouldn't accept any half measures and I wouldn't accept any gestures of goodwill.

Ever worry about any threats made by the dealer. They are meaningless. Did the dealer make these threats in writing?

Would you like to have the value of the carpet return to you plus all your fitting costs? Are you prepared to issue a county court claim to achieve this with our guidance.

Your chances of success are pretty well 100%

• Like 1

• BankFodder changed the title to - Big Red Carpet Company,Faulty Carpet

What do you the terms and conditions actually say about this?

If a quote from it – don't summarise.

Can you post up a picture in PDF format of what the defect looks like

Thank you.

The stair carpet had to be cut – yes? From a larger piece so that the discoloured part at the edge was in fact of the larger patch of discolouration within a larger piece of carpet – yes?

The consumer rights act says that items must be of satisfactory quality save as to any defects which were either brought to the attention of the customer or where an inspection was carried out, such defects as that inspection could reasonably have identified.

It seems to me that a contractual term which effectively puts a duty on a customer to inspect the goods and therefore to disclaim liability for any defects in the item on the basis that they should be noticed by the customer, is probably unfair and therefore unenforceable.

Who noticed this defect? Was it you or the installer?

So how about listing out some costs .

Price paid.

Installation cost.

New carpet.

New installation cost?

Is there anything else?

I'm a bit concerned that you seem to be saying that the defect was noticed by the installer, but they continued to install it .

Can you tell us about that