Letter received Mortimer Clarke Solicitors - re Halifax CC and Overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon

I have received a letter (2 separate letters) from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors chasing two debts with the Halifax stating if I do not contact them, their client Caboot Financial (UK) will look to obtain a CCJ. In addition, I have received several calls on my mobile, of which I have not responded too.

Last payment was paid Aug 2017.

I would be grateful for any advice on what are the next steps I need to take. Send a letter to state prove claim?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Roo

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply, it is appreciated.

Yes the last payment for both the overdraft and CC was 1 Aug 17, in fact I will double check it might of been I made payments 1 Jul 17 and the missed payments were from 1 Aug 17.

I am right in thinking, these debts will become statue barred in Aug 23? I did think that is why they are pursuing now - however; they could still issue a letter before claim anytime soon - which could potentially lead to a claim to get through the courts before Aug 23?

I have only received one letter dated end of October, yet have had about 10 messages left on mobile.

Roo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am unsure if I have to start  a new thread however; I have now received a letter before claim for the the two accounts at the start of my thread from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors, both from Halifax, one for a credit card and one for an overdraft. Both letters were dated 9 Dec 22 however, due to the postal strike I did not receive until 17 Dec 22.

For both accounts I made last payment in Jul 17, with the first missed payment on 1 Aug 22. 

Any advice how to proceed would be greatly received. In addition, do I need to reply by the 9 Jan 23 or the date I received.

Many thanks in advance.

Roo

With the regards to my post above - for the overdraft with Halifax, I do not recall signing a contract? Unsure if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...

An update on post

- I received a reply from Mortimer Clark Solictors wrt  PAP to the Halifax Credit Card on a letter dated 20 Jan 23, received on 25 Jan.

I am unsure if the 12 + 2 days to respond are working days (ie Mon - Fri) ?

The only info they included was a letter from Cabot stating referring my account to MC Solictiors, and my account was put on hold until they get a copy of the original credit card agreement.

Can I ask how long to they now have to provide the agreement and the NOA?

In addition, as in my original post - MCS also sent a separate PAP for a Halifax overdraft with the same dates. I responded to both PAP on 5 Jan 23 and I have no response to the Halifax overdraft.

As the 12 + 2 days have now passed....

Can anyone advise what the next steps are pls?

Many thanks in advance.

R