Evri "uninsured Parcel" lost, letter before action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long and short I sent a parcel via Evri the item went through the delivery network and was lost at the receivers depot. I purchased the services directly from Evri.

They have been unable to find it and given me £20 and the postage cost back, item was sold for £180 on eBay. I've read a lot of the post on this sub-forum and this is my letter before action.

31st October 2022

Letter before action

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX [Incident: XXXXX-XXXXX]

I recently sent an item via your courier network on the 1st September 2022, the item progressed through your network until it reached the destination depot on the 6th September at 6:09 am. After which point the item went “missing”, following a week of no activity on the tracking a case was raised for the item (XXXXXX-XXXXXX) for a “depot sweep”.

However the item never turned up and after following the lost/stolen item process, I was given a refund of the parcel fee of £10.18 and compensation of £20. The item was sold for £180, with deductions for eBay fees leading to a total of £156.96, you have refused to pay the full amount stating I didn’t purchase additional insurance.

To say that the maximum compensation I am entitled to is £20 due to the level of cover I chose within your standard compensation is unfair and amounts to an attempt to restrict your liability because I did not to pay additional parcel cover which is contrary to section 57 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

The Act also requires that the service you provide should be carried out with reasonable care and skill.

By losing my parcel you have failed in that duty and I am therefore seeking full compensation for the loss of my Quecha tent ARPENAZ 4.2 fresh and black.

As you have already paid £20, the total outstanding is £136.96. 

Should you fail to resolve my issue in full, I will issue a county court claim for the full amount in 14 days without further communication to you. Any additional cost in pursuing the claim will also added to the total outstanding, and will be added to the claim.

• Like 1