Brighton and Hove City council Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) even though I paid, yet the machine did not print a ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brighton and Hove City council issued me a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) 25/10 at 10:27.

I paid £8.50 for 2 hours,at the Pay and Display parking machine (entry on bank statement at 09:48) yet the P&D machine did not print a ticket

Incompetence from the Civil enforcement officer?

Not bothering to check the computer to see if in fact a payment had been made against the car reg!!!??

Additionally, for people who pay online, or through the telephone no paper ticket is issued, so therefore a paper issued ticket is by no means proof of payment, thus why did the ticket warden not bother to check this????

Also the PCN :

cannot be challenged online

has to be done in writing  (a complete waste of motorists time),

In my challenge I will be sending them my own Penalty charge notice (invoice) for harm loss and injury to feelings!! and inconvenience incurred

Regards

BB

Edited by billybobyeeharrboy

you have posted on the Private Parking site rather than the Local Authority one. I have let the Site team know so you should be transferred soon.

I wouldn't waste time issuing them with your own PCN. There is no lawful basis for it and as you want them to resolve the issue there is no sense in possibly annoying them. 

If that's what you want then leave it for after they have resolved the problem.

• Like 1

moved.

opps..stop following stupid freeman of the land twaddle !!

simply sent them proof you paid. that should be then end of it.

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 hours ago, billybobyeeharrboy said:

...Incompetence from the Civil enforcement officer?

Not bothering to check the computer to see if in fact a payment had been made against the car reg!!!??...

It sometimes happens that the driver commits a typo and inputs the wrong reg number.  Are you sure you input the right number?  (I'd be a bit surprised if the enforcement officer had failed altogther to check the reg number on their handheld, but who knows?  Maybe they checked the wrong number?).

Send proof of payment and tell them to cancel it.