Parking Eye Invoice for using Free Carpark at Holiday Inn Bromsgrove *** Cancelled By Parking Eye ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Probably not a particularly interesting one, as I expect Holiday Inn will sort this out for me, but sharing nonetheless.

1 Date of the infringement 24/09/2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 29/09/2022

3 Date received 03/10/2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No, but I have email Holiday Inn, see below

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Not yet

7 Who is the parking company? Parkingeye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Holiday Inn "Birmingham" - Bromsgrove

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA POPLA

Good Morning,

I have this morning been issued with a Parking Charge Notice for my car being in your car park whilst I stayed with you on 23rd September.

Nothing was mentioned to me at check-in about the car park having any costs associated with it, your website (snipped below) states that the car park is free of charge, and I was a paying guest at your hotel, so do not see why I should have to pay "Parkingeye" any charges for my car being there.

I'd like to request that you reach out to Parkingeye and ensure that this charge is cancelled immediately.  My registration is BLAHBLAH and they've included a ref of 123456.

You may also need to speak to your reception staff to ensure this is mentioned to all guests going forwards, otherwise some might be taken in by this bullying tactic by Parkingeye.

I look forward to your response,

PCN / NTK attached.

parkingeyebromsgrovehi.pdf

The 14days reduced fee thingy expires on 13th.

Worth me plopping an appeal into them provided I don't give any info away?

I've used it as an excuse to chase the hotel up anyway, but thought I'd check on the above.

Appeal text I'm considering:

The driver of the vehicle was a paying guest of the hotel the night of the 23rd September.

The hotel's website was checked prior to our stay and it advertises that their carpark is free for all guests, which is confirmed in their access guide:

https://www.hi-birminghambromsgrove.co.uk/files/holiday-inn-birmingham-bromsgrove-access-guide.pdf

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/worcestershire/bhxbr/hoteldetail/directions

There is no mention here of any third party monitoring access to the the carpark, nor mention of any charges being applied after parking.

Furthermore at check-in the hotel staff did not ask anyone present for a vehicle registration number nor did they make it known that there were any charges for parking in the free car park.

Edited by darrenham

Josh Kirby at gsmfb@hi-birminghambromsgrove.co.uk has just emailed me a fullscreen screenshot of his browser, tabs, windows applications etc., but central to it all was this:

So you can mark this as sorted.

I said some nice things about ParkingEye to the Ceo, so I'll wait for his reply before I tell him it's been sorted.

Cancelled.pdf

Edited by darrenham

• brassnecked changed the title to Parking Eye Invoice for using Free Carpark at Holiday Inn Bromsgrove *** Cancelled By Parking Eye ***