Abbey National Mortgage and how to value claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if you already have the following may be of interest :-

https://goughsq.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/PLC-Jan-20.pdf

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 months later...

Following with interest Mary despite the lack of responses from users :becky:

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

Also Court fee : I've paid approx £34k , thats what i want back. If i want it back with 8% simple interest do i need to calculate that Number of days yes the court calculates up until judgment, maybe £80 K and also if i wanted  damages that would be £34k at 8% compound that could come to £120k? I'd imagine it would need an Actuary to calculate it.

Compound Restitutionary Damages would have to be included in the amount fee and equated in the particulars but not the interest amount as that is at the discretion of the court.

• Like 1

Section 69 interest @ 8% is not included in any claim total but stated within the particulars of claim and requested on the net amount claimed.

Therefore it has no affect on the fee for the net amount claimed (capital only)

Once you opt for interest on MCOL it will automatically calculate from the date you state in your particular's (start) up until the day of judgment the amount is then added tot he judgment amount.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Particulars are a bit sparse perhaps a further para relating to why you are quoting the relevant legislation. Costs are later in the process.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not sure if you have read the following 2.10 onwards.

Mortgage lending is no longer regulated by the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) 1974. Agreements that were CCA regulated at the point of execution retain some of the provisions of the Act.22 Mar 2021

https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/corporate/review-of-retained-provisions-of-the-consumer-credit-act-final-report.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marylikes said:

The case is we don't have any agreement, neither an original nor a modyfied one.

And as the agreement was modified from a Regulated to unregulated they cant use a reconstituted version for either.