Charity Shop Visit - Smart Parking Ltd - Debt Recovery Plus ***Cancelled by Charity***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Looking for some guidance with the following....

Arrived home from holiday to find a letter from Debt Recovery Plus advising that they are pursuing payment of £170 for a PCN apparently issued by Smart Parking Ltd. 

Smart Parking Ltd have been employed to manage the small car park outside of the charity shop we visit on a regular basis. This charity shop have installed a keypad in store to enter your car reg which I don't fall out with.

However, the first we knew that we had incurred a PCN is when we received the letter from Debt Recovery Plus, advising that the PCN applied to a visit on the 11th June, the Debt Recovery Plus letter was issued on the 27th July. We have not received any letters from Smart Parking Ltd.

I have written to the charity to ask them to intervene and support, the Deputy CEO is responding to each letter sent advising they 'will see what they can do' with no guarantees. 

I cannot get hold of Smart Parking Ltd other than having to listen to their automated messages or asking me to phone back when not as busy.

How do I get Debt Recovery Plus off my back and nip this in the bud without incurring some form of CCJ which the letters are now threatening with todays letter headed ''TERMINAL NOTICE - PRE LEGAL ACTION'

Any help appreciated.

Firstly, calm down, no need to panic.  You can't get a CCJ.  Well you can, but only if Smart Parking send you a formal Letter of Claim, then take you to court, then win the court case, and you defy the court and refuse to pay.  That's what CCJs are for - to punish people who refuse to abide by court judgements.

This forum has existed for around 16 years and we've never seen one occasion in which Smart Parking have done court. 

EDIT  None of this absolves the charity though.  It's not a matter of "will see what they can do" and "no guarantees".  Not good enough.  They are the organ grinder.  They called in Smart to infest the car park and certainly have the power to tell Smart to cancel.  Demand they stop shirking their responsibilities and instead call their dogs off.

Well done in getting on to the higher echelons of the charity.

Not so well done on trying to contact Smart thought.  They will never back down and you risk throwing away legal protections.  Radio silence with Smart - demand the charity act.

Do you have any idea what happened to the initial letters from Smart?  Have you moved recently?

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added
  • Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

please complete this.

and STOP trying to ring smart!!

do NOT communicate nor appeal EVER!!

a dca is NOT A BAILIFF

and has

ZERO legal powers on ANY DEBT...no matter WHAT it's type

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What date did Smart parking start to infest the site, and when was the Keypad installed, might be that they started issuing invoices before keypad operational. Do not deal with Notso Smart parking deal with the Charity and if all else fails ans Smart get silly, Liverpool Echo might be interested in another PPC and shenanigans.  They don't seem to like Private Enforcement in any way, as their demonisation of the likes of the fag end police Kingdom shows.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

What address is the cars V5C registered at ?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes did you update car V5 in 2019, or just driving licence?

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I've had to hide your post as you left both your car registration number and the fleecers' reference number showing.  Please upload the letter with these redacted.

ref number still showing everywhere in pdf!!

and they

There is something fishy here.  They sent out their invoice on 11 June.  Just six weeks later they have debt collectors on to you.  Seems a bit quick.

This may be 2+2=5 from me but they might have forgotten to send out their invoice and then realised and just raced to debt collectors.  I would suggest to SAR them - but this may not be necessary if the charity pulls its finger out.

Thanks for the feedback and have referenced similar in my correspondence with the charity, seems a bit hasty. I am waiting for an update from the charity to see if they have managed to squash this. If not I will have to go in a lot harder.

Thanks again

• Like 1

By way of an update I have received an email from the charity copying me on an email trail with Smart Parking who confirm the parking charge notice is now cancelled. After all that damned stress and worry its all over by virtue of an email. I am grateful but annoyed at the same time.

Thank you for all of you guidance and information

Excellent great stuff

• Like 1

• AndyOrch changed the title to Charity Shop Visit - Smart Parking Ltd - Debt Recovery Plus ***Cancelled by Charity***