No account details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

didn't think of that. will they accept that because i have moved address since i had the card. will have to have a look around my rents house to see if there is an odd statment anywhere.

Guest willowb

Hi and welcome (want an umbrella?:( )

When you send your SAR make sure you add your DOB, prev address etc etc and like MOTB said some proof, if they need more info they'll ask.

As for the default, when you get your statements and send out your prelim letter asking for the charges back you must ask for the default to be removed from your file also. And when you come to file a claim it must be in your particulars of claim that you want the default removed as well as the charges returned.

Set up a thread in the 'Cap One' section, read some threads in there and ask (in your thread) if you need advise. Keep your thread up to date so that there is no confusion.

You need to read this over and over!!! you cannot do enough reading here.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

These are the step by step instructions, stick to the time table and if you need help...SHOUT! but be patient as people here are very busy!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Good luck

Wxxx

Guest willowb

It's 6 years from the date you post your DPA subject access request. So, even if you file a claim (allowing for the 40 days they have to send you your statements and another 4 weeks from prelim/lba to filing) in middle of Feb you claim back 6 years from today! (if you send it today:) )

Wxxx

Hi mbdiss + willowb,

Hope it's not thought that I'm mis-informing U both BUT...

It is my understanding that as Bank Charges have been deemed unlawful, the 6yr Limitation Period for claiming STARTS FROM when U first become aware of the unlawfulness.

This has been generally held as the date last year that OFT (...I think it was them!) made a public statement to that effect.

Other members of CAG (...better informed/qualified than myself!) have put forward (IMHO) arguments for claiming for more than 6yrs PREVIOUSLY BACK from the first date of Notice of Intention to Claim.

There are threads on the Forum supporting this...Cos they have been successful in their claims!!!

Hope to have been of some help?!

Best of Luck!

Guest willowb

Thanks Milk Tray Man:D ......I'm a lady and I love Milk Tray8-) ....sorry, couldn't resist!

Well, if that's the case then it has not been my understanding of the situation thus far, but if you are right then I'd quite like a mod to verify this so that I don't offer the wrong advice again:-)

Wxxx

Sorry for stealing your "Welcome" mbdiss!...

Hi willowb,

Didn't mean to upset U by treading on a "Plat's...with loads of green blobby things" toes or anything!...lol...:p

The following link can explain something of what I have previously said:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/33005-bong-hsbc-contractual-interest.html?highlight=claiming+for+more+than+6yrs

Also, if in "Search"...If you type in "Claiming for more than 6yrs" there are lots of other threads to read through!

P.S. Niiiiice Avatar willowb...much better than U're last one!...lol...:)

Guest willowb
Didn't mean to upset U

You didn't:)

P.S. Niiiiice Avatar willowb...much better than U're last one!...lol...

Thank you.....so glad you noticed:D

Bong is a very well-informed member of CAG and an extremely confident person (and I know Livelylad is doing the same) so it's no suprise to me that he is 'going for it'. I think that it very much depends on the individual, this site and the whole process can be taxing enough on a newbie without making it more complicated. A few more successes in this area would be a good start!

Thing is, anyone who has claimed for 6 years can then claim again for the years before so all is not lost if you stick to 6 years for now.

IMHO

Wxxx

Cheers for that willowb!

Totally agree with U with regards the process being overwhelming for a "newbie".

...Best stick to the tried and tested way first...Then go for the jugular!!!

P.S. Does that mean that I was right in my original interpretation?...:p

.......I'll leave U a special toffee fudge if U say I was!...lol...;)

Ok people the welcome forum is for just that, It is not to be used for threads for claims. You have already been asked by Willow to start a thread in Capital One forum. Thirteen posts it far to many. I will get the title changed and moved.