property moving nightmare on completion day Claim Issued ***Judgment***

mmoore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Who did you purchase the house from (who held the 'legal title') : husband, wife, or both as 'joint tenants'?

It is them who your contract was with, and them you should pursue.

If it was both as joint tenants, then you sue both (so as to be able to recover from either) - if you recover from one, even if they blame the other, up to them to sort it out between them, not your problem!.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Yup, he’s admitted THEY are at fault.

let’s see what she says.

If he’s blaming her (the divorce may not have been amicable??) perhaps he doesn’t realise he is making it harder for him to defend, too.

Not your problem though. They may have to sort it out between them if you succeed and get judgement against them both.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I doubt the mediator would say that : that isn’t their call to make.

Additionally, isn’t the DQ where you state if you are willing to go to mediation?

So, I don’t know why the court service mediator would be involved at the DQ stage?

• 4 weeks later...

Great : because they are both liable if the property was jointly owned, and you are suing them both.

So you get a win against them both, recover the judgment from either (as able), and they can sort out between them who they feel is liable (that isn’t your concern!).

Don’t mention the date.

if it gets to court you can draw the attention of the judge to the fact that you are suing them jointly, and one defendant admits there is liability (even if the are saying “but it was them, not me!”)

• Like 2