property moving nightmare on completion day Claim Issued ***Judgment***

mmoore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Have you reported the above to your conveyance Solicitor ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well a letter before action wont cost anything and it will signify their attitude and whether they accept they they were at fault and cost you significant costs and loss subject to their response.

You have been advised its a clear breach of contract you have documented evidence of costs and admittance so proving loss shouldn't really be fraught nor with any difficulties. Appears to be cut and dry and given you have used MCOL previously you can do this all yourself without any legal assistance.

BTW stat interest is 8% pursuant to sec69 County Courts Act 1984 from when you suffered loss/costs up until date of judgment.

Make it clear in your LBC what is required to settle this and what the difference will be should it proceed to court IE Fees /Interest/costs.

Allow 14 days for a response.

Andy.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Irrelevant what they write on their DQ its purely for allocation not a tool to add further defence....the court will disregard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Post back when you receive your Notice of Allocation N157 its important you comply with the courts directions and on time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you opted for mediation (ADR) on your DQ the courts mediation service will contact you and them to arrange a mutual appropriate telephone conference time. ...assuming you wish to settle in mediation before the claim moved to trial. Don't pay the hearing fee early until you have been through this process but don't miss the direction date by which it needs to be paid.

Andy

As long as you agreed that's brownie points for you...if they are unwilling to engage, making a rod for their own back as the court will not view that positively and they are on the back foot before allocation.

• 2 weeks later...

No don't contact them and yes it would be your Local CC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The importance of good proof reading...you could submit a supplemental statement citing the error.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Court arranges mediation in Small claims Track nothing to do with the defendant

• Like 1

The DQ is not intended to add any remarks of the on going claim and disclosure follows allocation not pre allocation. The court arrange mediation providing both parties have opted for mediation on the DQ.

Smoke and mirrors.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well done topic title amended.

Andy

• Like 1

• Andyorch changed the title to property moving nightmare on completion day Claim Issued ***Judgment***

:yo: Much appreciated