VCS Windscreen PCN LOC - Parked in staff parking space - Castle Walk Car Park, Newcastle Under Lyme, ST5 1AN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work in a well known high street retail shop and on the 12th April I worked at a different store for a few hours to help some customers and deliver some paperwork ,

I rang the store manager to see if it was possible for me to park on the staff parking behind the store( castle walk car park, Newcastle under Lyme) which she said there should be and to make it known that I am staff,

I put a note stating that I was staff in the windscreen as they had no valid permits available. I went into the store did my work, returned to a parking ticket on my windscreen.

i put an appeal to say I was staff, gave the managers details to verify but this was quickly turned down, which I now know to be standard operation.

A few days later I received a letter from excel parking services ltd advising me to pay up £60 and the proof that they had  taken pictures of my registration plate and windscreen which shows my note saying I’m staff.

I was advised by a family member to ignore until I get an LBC, Which I have now received with appropriate forms to complete.

I have until the 3rd August to reply  ,I need help to take my case from here

.This debt has now risen to £170 and has been issued by vehicle control services LTD.

Could you please advise me what to do next.

Thank you 

Ronnie

Can you fill this in please.

The advice is to never appeal, you didn't give them your name did you?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

FS1010 theres no court claim yet..

interesting you have letter from excel and now vcs opps!! Simple simon slipped up again!!

snotty letter time.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your family member was right to say to ignore all the rubbish from Simon.

However, at LBC stage you need to act or Simon will do court.  Looks like Simon has royally messed up by mixing up Excel and VCS.  However, we need you to answer the questions the others have asked.  Also please post up all correspondence from the PCN to the LBC so we can see the plethora of own goals from Si.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Cant access any of my letters at the moment , as I’m on hol until 16th July .

Could I just ask ,Who is Simon?

Why has my LBC come from VCS and not Excel ,and why do you say ,has Simon slipped up.

Thanks guys for all your replies ,much appreciated . 

Ok thanks .

Will say when I first got my pcn ,I panicked and appealed it , I know now a stupid thing to do , first time I’ve ever had a pcn .

Of cause it was turned down ,( as my dad said would happen )

However I will say the email that was sent to me was addressed from Excel Parking Services email addresss , but the email never mentions excel and at the foot of what looks to be a standard email , is the name Vehicle Control Service , Central Processing Office pobox 4777 Sheffield , the address to send my cash if I paid up .

Thanks again ,Ronnie

Enjoy your holiday!

There's no rush if you have till 3 August. 

But when you get back please upload everything we've asked for as VCS/Excel are the most litigious of the PPCs and not replying to a LBC = guaranteed court case.

As others have said, Simon Renshaw-Smith is the spiv who runs Excel and VCS.  He has lost several court cases through, for example, suing as VCS for an Excel-run car park, which is why we immediately twigged when the two companies were mentioned together.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Even though he knows you are the driver, there is still plenty that will trip him up, not least his predilection for confusing Excel and VCS, that has gained him a roasting in court a few times.  Key will be that the manager said you should park there, it should have ended what Simon told vehicle was authorised as the note you put as being staff was indication of that.  Non display of his poxy permit might be a trifle if he went to court signifying nothing to ground a claim on.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

That's good they have helped your case  that would look good in court when you point out stay was authorised by management due to unavailability of two bit permit.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi ,just an update ,

will be going through all my letters from the scammers over the weekend ,and will get sorted for my response to their LBC . 

Will say I’ve been on to the myparkingcharge website to see the pics they have ,

they have a few pics of my car ,

my reg ,

their small sign on a wall and

a pic of my staff note on the dash .

Seems they might make a fuss of their own valid permit not used , when reading their sign.

Also ,this website never mentions VCS , but does mention that myparkingcharge and the central processing office is a trading style of the Excel ParkingServicesGroup , and lets you “ pay now “ by calling a number , this is the same number used to pay your charge with VCS too.

None of that is needed for a snotty letter reply 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And its possible its the old Excel/VCS switcheroo again.

These are the pics that myparkingcharge/excel have

Myparkingcharge pics.pdf

Have been reading other threads . Don’t know if they need PP for these signs ,but not seen any applications for any on this car park ,covering last 10 yrs . I used to be manager at this store only couple of years back and no permit was needed.

Well done on being so proactive about PP.

On the sign in the car park there is clearly written "By entering this private land you are entering into a contract with Vehicle Control Services Ltd".

So we need to see the windscreen ticket, the original PCN, the reminder letter and Letter Before Claim to see if Simon has mixed up his companies which would leave you in the clear.

Also I see you wrote "TUI Staff" on your note.  Is the car park for just TUI or do workers from other businesses park there?

So it will not be TUI who called Simon in, it will be the landowner.

The manager of that branch will obviously know who the landowner is.  Have you tried pushing the manger to push the landowner to call Simon off?  You were a genuine member of staff after all.

In any case let's see the paperwork please.

Here is my original pcn , 2 letters and my LBC

Original pcn and lettersredacted.pdf

Unfortunately managers don’t have information on the shop owner/ landlords etc, or even who owns the land . Different department deals with lease rental info . But  I can make enquiries.

Edited by brassnecked
Replaced original with redacted file.