Received a PCN for a hired car, council introduced new visitors parking permit system, pay button doesnt work.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently returned from abroad with a hired car, after parking my car in camden I went online to activate a prepaid visitors parking permit but the online system had been changed and it was not immediately apparent how the system worked. I tried to pay anew with a credit card but it was refused, after a short while I saw an enforcement officer writing out a PCN (code 12r.) It states on the PCN that he observed the car from 16.33 - 16.37 

After receiving the ticket I did not bother to continue to activate the permit at that time, though I did when needed in the following days after I found out how to reactivate my prepaid permits which as I said was not immediately apparent due to the new system.

It says on the website that as I am not the registered keeper I cannot challenge a PCN which seems unfair to say the least.

I decided to avoid the hassle and pay the reduced fine but the button - 'pay PCN now' - on the camden website didn't work so I couldn't pay and decided to challenge the PCN despite them stating not being the registered keeper it wasnt allowed. 

Any thoughts if I have a case, I still have a few days before the 14 day reduction runs out.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Are you saying the pcn was issued to the hire car?

If so, did you sign a hire agreement which allows the hire company to request liability be transferred to you?

If you did, then only the hire company can make formal representations at this time and they will do this when they receive the Notice to Owner. Normally this will be on the grounds that the vehicle was on hire and they will provide the authority with your name and the address they have for you on the hire agreement.

Provided they do this and do so in time, the authority will cancel the pcn and NtO issued to the hire company and re-issue a pcn to you. You can then make representations in your own name.

If the hire company pay the penalty charge without appealing, they may pass this charge on to you provided the agreement you signed with them says they can.