link/kearns letter of claim - old Halifax Card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

If they did issue a court claim would you wish to defend it ? or would you rather enter into a payment plan with LInk ?

If you could post further details of this Halifac CC account ...age amount date of default etc last payment.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to link/kearns letter of claim - old Halifax Card debt

I want to avoid court at all costs. 

Then in reality you have already stated your intentions. With the age of the agreement I suspect it will be watertight and Link will be able to provide all the valid docs to support a court claim. Link/ Kearns are quite litigious and I would expect a claim to drop through your letter box. 

So your next move would be to respond to their letter and thrash out an affordable payment plan...dont let them call the shots though it must be affordable and manageable ...factor in for the cost of living energy and fuel from October.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I wouldn't complete an I&E...ring them up and ask for the appropriate person that is dealing with the account and make an offer...catch them off guard with no script........none of their business your financial position......if you offered £25pm they will probably snatch your hand off.

Kearns.......but upload the docs first thing in the morning before you contact them.

So the agreement look's standard and valid contains the tick box on line at time of entering the agreement.

The other 3 are Notice of Arrears (Notice of defaults)....not Default Notices...I assume this is showing on your credit files ?

As it ever shown under Halifax as a Default from Dec 2020 ?

Okay well I see Dec 2020 the arrears started and they recorded it June 21.  Cant see any loopholes in the docs so go with plan A in post# 9 get the ball rolling on Monday...come back if you are unsure of anything and dont agree anything until advised here.

• Thanks 1

Well your ringing them as discussed so that's irrelevant as its irrelevant even if you did write.

You are not legally obliged to divulge that information .....you wish to make an offer and set up a monthly payment their refusal is frustrating your attempts to settle the debt. I would now put it in writing so you have evidence (papertrail) that they are refusing to cooperate.

Copy your letter to Link and mark on the CC Link