Me v GE Money (Formally I Group)** Settled **

:Boy:
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know what other costs I can claim IF I win (travelling time??). I do feel more confident now, I kept telling myself that ERC's (unless GE money can prove it) is not a loss or true reflection, they make money out of this, and that a penalty should only cover losses and not to make a profit as in, I think the Dunlop case, genuine pre estimate costs.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what other costs I can claim IF I win (travelling time??). I do feel more confident now, I kept telling myself that ERC's (unless GE money can prove it) is not a loss or true reflection, they make money out of this, and that a penalty should only cover losses and not to make a profit as in, I think the Dunlop case, genuine pre estimate costs, or liquidated damages (I don't know if I am right their or not)

Thank goodness forthat, I've been thinking about you all morning. I'm so pleased it was ok after al lthe worry with JAMorgan, did they set a court date or will that be done later, the barister sounds lovely, at least he was genuine and honest, Eversheds would sack him if they knoew - LOL!

We've only a three weeks until Dogwashes court date so lots of us are getting close now!

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

IGroup ERC £1928.64 Ist letter sent 12/9

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Received fob off letter 11/11

AQs sent back, IGroup request multitrack and hearing

Very well done - fingers crossed now for an early settlement.

:)

Halifax 1

WON - £1,355.49 21/07/06

MINT

WON - £273.81 14/09/06

First Direct

WON - £913.50 01/09/06

Capital One

WON - £130.13 03/11/06

Halifax 2

WON - £188.03 01/12/06

Kensington Mortgages ERC

MCOL for £6,204.39 Discontinued

Halifax Mortgage Admin fee

WON - £10.00

Direct Line Mortgage Redemption Fee

WON - £99.00

Halifax 3

MCOL for £109.01 reg 07/03/07

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/redemptionfees/

Please sign this petition x

I was lucky with the Barrister, nice bloke, and also the judge, I think he knew the score. I have put that many claims in to that Court, I think he knows where I am coming from!

From my scribbled notes that I took (with shaking hands at the time, I did not dare take a glass of water, it would of gone everywhere!) of the next steps (this is literally what I wrote, that I am putting here):

Parties shall disclose documents they are relying on

28 days by 4pm 21/2/7 - 7/3/7 for Court date

filed and some statements of all factual evidence which I intend to rely

Skeleton arguments and copies of all (unintelligable writing) XXX relied on by 4pm 3 days before

3 hours, list for hearing (I remember at this point that the DJ stated 2 hours but the Barrister was umming and ahhing, stating that it will take a long time, well over the 3 hours. DJ stated that it will not)

first open date after 21st March for 3 hours

So if anyone can let me know what the hell I have wrote, would be greatly appreciated!

Well done d5tweedle. Proud of you, the glass of water comment made me giggle. Especially after Jamorgan's result I would have been sh....ng myself too. Just sent my first letter to GE Money (formerly FNMC) this week so am really interested in your case. Anyway sounds like the barrister will recommend settlement.

Am interested in the bit about the wrong company named on summons. I will have to watch that one when I get 'round to that stage.

Anyway I think you can have at least a glass of champers!!!!:)

WELL DONE D5Tweddle! we are all proud of you, thanks for keeping us all up to date:):):)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Well done Tweddle!

Fabulous news! Its good to see judges and barristers on our side! Which court was this?

Although don't get too confident about them settling.

Disclosure documents relate to the bundle. So you need to start working on this. Have a look at Bookie's in the bank template's library and the stickies at the top of this forum.

Skeleton arguments is a brief outline of your arguments in the order you intend to present them.

If you need any help give me a shout.

All the best

Zoot

Well Done You! Delighted for you. When I first issued my claim I did it was against GE Money. Eversheds advised me and the court that the correct name for the Defendant was GE Money Servicing Lts and my mortgage, like yours, was originaly taken out with Igroup. Bit odd all that he's saying to you that it should be GE Mortgages! Probably some sort of tax [problem] as no doubt they will try to offset what they are having to pay out in repayment of ercs against tax. Again I am so pleased for you and so proud of you. Good one!

Well done. I'm so pleased it was ok.

Uk..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for all your help and support, I am just glad I have got this hurdle over with, and on to the next hurdle.

Would be nice for a settlement, but as Zoot has said, not to get too confident with them settling, this is GE Money!!

This was Shrewsbury County Court.

It was odd to me about the GE Money Servicing/mortgages etc. I stated to the Barrsiter that no one has told me about this, especially with all the correspondance, something a bit fishy with that.

Court bundle/skeleton arguments next!

D5T - Brilliant - it looks like you were pretty cool as a cucumber under pressure (water notwithstanding)- I am still waiting for my darn SAR from GE M and I trust you will have had a few drinkies on your winnings even before I get there

I think the grapevine must be on fire - all professions have a grapevine - and if they really think they are having the pi55 taken they will start moving up a gear - well done!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/53089-fnc-ge-money-erc.html

21/12/2006 SAR

Next Step 31/1/2007 - Prelim / S.A.R Enforcement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/55694-fnc-c-g-erc.html

21/12/2006 SAR

13/1/2007 - Prelim

Next Step 27/1/2007 LBA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/55692-fnc-lloyds-tsb.html

21/12/2006 SAR

Next Step 31/1/2007 -Prelim / SAR enforcement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/55784-fnc-better-half-nationwide.html

20/12/2006 Prelim with Schedule and SI £640

5/1/2007 LBA with revised schedule CCR £867

Next Step 20/1/2007 CLAIM

PC World - Refund Faulty goods Preliminary Letter 13/01/2007 - Consumer rights are getting addictive

Don't get angry get even:D

D5Tweddle - fantastic news!!

Just the kind of "lift" we needed when things were turning all dark n cloudy.

A little ray of sunshine :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

:D

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

• 3 weeks later...
and also the judge, I think he knew the score. I have put that many claims in to that Court, I think he knows where I am coming from!

ive that many too and im sure he knows me too...great result though..pleased for you :D

Well just to update you all.

I made an offer to GE Money (including a letter to Eversheds) on the 31st Jan 07, to settle for £1300. I gave them till the 12th Feb 07 to respond, but heard nothing.

I have today recieved a letter from a Gareth Vowles from Eversheds, who has stated in his letter:

Thank you for your letter dated 31st Jan 07. I would be grateful if you could telephone me to discuss.

Then he gives his direct (0845) number.

Anyone heard of him and his bag of tricks, and what is the best next step.

Open to advice please.

That's what I thought!, but I did not think they would stoop this low, and also seeking possesion order on less than 2 months arrears, does not sound right.

The arrears are £1465 (1 and 1/2 months of arrears)

The ERC I am claiming is £1353.12, plus £162.83 interest, plus £120 Court fee, plus £100 AQ. I have offered £1300 to settle the case, and that is when I have got a letter from this G Vowles.

I would be happy for that money to be credited to my mortgage account instead of a cheque (if they settle), to clear the arrears.