Hermes creating obstacles to avoid compensation for fully insured, lost item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m having similar nightmare with them although my item was insured and met all the other requirements.

They asked for Letter of Denial and receipt within 14 days and said they would get back with a decision.

Did that, then they emailed back on 23RD DECEMBER saying they need screenshots of conversations between me and recipient and another receipt. No mention they needed that within next 14 days and now say because they got that late they won’t pay. 

why not just ask for all the info at once?

Have a feeling it’s a way to add on layers of obstructions to avoid paying. Your experience of being asked five times for same info making me more convinced.

In their emails it requests  m evidence within 14 days but doesn’t say they won’t pay if you don’t send it on time. That’s squirrelled away in the Terms & Conditions of course. They won’t even let you write a letter of complaint so writing to CEO

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

Hermes have somehow managed to loose 1 of 2 office chairs which they’ve admitting to loosing. Worth £90

Completed and sent them Letter of Denial complete with logo  from  furniture company was returning to and proof of cost of item. They do advise that they request form and evidence back within 14 days to enable promptness of dealing with enquiry etc. sent and got email back saying they would contact me in 28 days with a decision so left it at that.

On 23rd December when was on Christmas break they messaged asking for screenshots of conversation where company says item hasn’t turned up & proof of cost and address. Obviously didn’t see this as was away for Christmas but messaged and they now say they won’t pay because the info wasn’t sent in 14 days. 

why not just ask for everything  they need at once?? I feel like this is a deliberate way to make people jump through hoops and miss deadlines which apparently can be found in the Ts&Cs. I am so upset and frustrated and was in tears earlier (hormones) especially as they have been so belligerent and refuse to even explain how I can make a complaint. Anyone had similar experience? Not sure what to do next. 

it’s so misleading as they don’t clearly say “if the evidence is sent late we won’t pay”. Also trying to argue with them the deadline info was attached to the form request, not screen shot info. Like banging my head against a brick wall! 

Ceo..forget it

Complaint

Letter of claim

Court claim

DX

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

100's of like threads here to read.

just follow our tried and tested method briefly outlined above.

Dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, don't be given the runaround.

They are leading you around by the nose. Take control.

Start laying down what you want in your complaint and then your letter of claim.

As my site team colleague has said read the stories on the sub forum first

• 5 months later...

I paid for a delivery fee plus insurance to return two items back to the company they were purchased form. The defendant breached the contract by losing one of the items despite them being sent together.  I contacted EVRi who apologised and said: 'We do offer cover to assist in this situation and we will happily support you through the process of making a claim,' 

When it came to being reimbursed the requested claim form and denial of receipt letter was completed and  extra information such as proof of purchase and addresses were sent to the defendant. They confirmed this was received. 

The Christmas holiday break ensued and during that time a further message was sent to my inbox asking for extra information, including a screen shot of the conversation between myself and the recipient ( this could very easily have been requested earlier during the process to avoid any delay.)

As I was on leave this message was missed but once found I contacted the defendant to ask where to send the required information.  In the next message from the defendant I was informed that because this last information was not sent within the 14-day period outlined in the original  request for information, they are now not required to reimburse me for the delivery which they clearly have lost. This feels like an attempt to make the reimbursement process as layered  with obstructions as possible which means the costs have to be absorbed by myself despite the defendant's failure to deliver the package.

post moved to you own existing thread

dx

and they

If you want to deal with this then you're going to have to start being consistent not only with EVRi but also with us .

Give advice for free and we invest considerable time and enthusiasm in helping you. But when you first of all post something on somebody else's thread in January and then really don't give us the whole story and then go away and don't come back until almost 6 months later, it doesn't really help anybody very much including yourself .

Please can you lay out your story carefully without too much narrative and also well spaced so that it is easy to read, especially on small screens.

It's really not clear as to what you have done or where you are now

Yikes! Sorry! I haven't been able to work out how to reply on the thread I started and also combined with having a chronic health condition and concerns about whether I have a case- seen as the item sent was a chair-  the matter slipped down my 'to-do' list. I'll try and work out how to communicate through my original post. Thank you. Thanks.

Right, gone back to my original post and seen the quote button which for some reason wasn't noticed the first time.

After much wrangling with customer service bot and advice not to bother contacting the C.E.O have opted for opening an online claim. I have drafted an explanation of the situation which is attached and wanted to check if the details were right before sending:

EVRi DRAFT CAG.pdf

have you sent a letter of claim yet?

dx

and they

you dont need to hit any quote button

just type

dx

and they