Lebara v GiffGaff???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't, (moved giffgaff to Lebara)  but can offer some points to consider (and that those who have moved can comment on .....)

Firstly, does O2 (Giffgaff) cover where you need your phone most? Does Vodafone (Lebara)?.

No network will cover everywhere you MIGHT need to use it, but you can check for where you know you'll use it most : No point in having a magnificent and cheaper inclusive package if it doesn't work where you need it most ......

Secondly,. how good is Lebara's customer service?. Much of giffgaff's CS is provided by giffgaff's users, but is does lead to a good knowledge base, and giffgaff has an excellent reputation for customer service (I know you already know to keep e-mail trails and recording of calls, but it is way better to not have to get into that level of discussion if they'll instead sort any issues ab initio).

Thirdly, are you looking for a 30-day rolling contract or a longer SIM-only deal? you'll likely get better value with a SIM-only, but are 'locked in' to a minimum term. (is where you'll need it most likely to change within the minimum term? if so, 30-day rolling may be a better option than a 12-month or longer SIM-only).

Are any network features a) essential? b) desirable. I'm thinking  of features such as call diversion, 3-way calling, and wi-fi calling...... (not that these may be available on either of giffgaff or lebara - I'd have to check)

For example .... Voxi doesn't do call diversion, and many of the features are available on the host network but not the MNVO's, but knowing what features are essential and if any are desirable might be the deciding factor all else being equal.

Then (and probably only then): what sort of package are you looking for? Calls? texts? data?? International calling? (to international? from abroad??). Video streaming? Music streaming??

Cost is a major factor, but a cheaper deal that doesn't meet your needs re: coverage, features and customer service can turn out to be false economy.

If you do masses of streaming, then Voxi (also on Voda's network) might be a good option over Lebara if it is Voda's network that is your prime motivation for moving.

Edited by BazzaS
  • Thanks 1

Giffgaff works on O2's network.

If there was a mast down then O2 would have been down too (though O2's customer services may have handled things differently.....

In my experience though, giffgaff's C/S is way better than O2's ......... (Might the issue may have been O2 telling giffgaff the mast wasn't down, when it was?)