NHS Role - No COVID-19 vaccination - No Job

hayho1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some helpful posts there regarding the employment issues, and there are a number of guidelines which appear to be targeted at assisting psychologists to continue practicing with patients who are unvaccinated which may be relevant and possibly offer options, 

but perhaps there is the other issue that needs attention which has been gently touched on by others here?

Serious questions:

- As a clinical psychologist, How would you address similar concerns if a person was referred to you with the same?

- What was the result of raising the issue in Clinical supervision?

Not sure if either of the following will help? You assessment and opinion would be appreciated.

WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

Vaccine hesitancy refers to delay in acceptance or refusal of vaccination despite availability of vaccination series. The majority of...

https%3A%2F%2Fcpe.psychopen.eu%2Findex.php%2Fcpe%2Farticle%2Fdownload%2F7525%2F7525.pdf&usg=AOvVaw31Crp4vo3s0D8xdCiMhBck

• Thanks 1

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

18 hours ago, Manxman in exile said:

As I said in a previous post, I am not personally convinced of the necessity of having all NHS clinical staff vaccinated,

I cant think of any valid circumstance where they should not be with the possible exception of staff permanently working from home - and what happens should that circumstance quickly change for any reason?

. Even back office staff regularly come into contact with other staff, and move around the hospital, and employed staff who work from home rarely do so exclusively.

I am a great believer in personal choice .. alongside personal responsibility in equal measures.

... but I would no more accept that a person unvaccinated (or unmasked) through personal beliefs (whether unfounded or not) should put others at risk in a hospital (or elsewhere), than I would a personal choice to carry a firearm in a hospital.

I dont know enough about the OP's circumstances, let alone any basis the OP may believe they have for what they seem to believe, and I am not a doctor of medicine, but might be worthwhile the OP considering if there is an aspect of  'false/mistaken beliefs' at work here?

The op should be more aware of that issue than I, and although such are apparently notoriously difficult to self review I would have thought it should have been raised in clinical supervision as part of their well-being in professional practice, alongside any advice she may have been given as a patient by medical practitioners?

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

The op has asked for "support and guidance regarding my next steps",

and the employment issues are relatively clear, seem unlikely to offer a resolution and have been detailed by those far better than me at it - including your own post detailing near future NHS requirements.

Whereas the other part of this might be able to present a number of other possibilities for next steps

What I have presented goes directly to (should be) available support and possible next steps

Edited by tobyjugg2

I think you have misunderstood what I am saying, which the op should understand better.

I'm not pressing my beliefs, just my limited understanding of the OPs situation.

It seems to me that refusing to discuss the issue with the covid councillor and/or clinical supervision leaves little options for the organisation ... or the OP.

Opening up that dialogue could well open up some options for the OP and organisation which otherwise seem to be almost totally lacking.

Not saying they would open up, just that the options seem to be very limited as it is and badly need expanding.

Would they use any information given in a dialogue with the councilor or clinical supervision (not supervisor) against the op? Depends what it was really,

and if help is requested by the op, that could also be used by either side in a way not clearly intended - it all relies on an open and honest approach .

But it does seem the OP is in a position which desperately needs improving.

I have little doubt that seeking help and assistance from the organisation will be far more effective than digging in, although if one of the experts here says theres a realistic chance of success in any tribunal as things stand, I'll take that as given.

Anyone?