PPI Query - GE Money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a secured loan with GE Money. We were in process of selling house and clearing this debt. When they were contacted with regards to outstanding balance they quoted £xxxx outstanding. When I asked why so much more than borrowed, they claimed it was because of PPI, but not to worry, as we can claim it back after house has sold.

In meantime we have had a letter saying that they are cancelling policy as of 7/01/07 and won't renew it (no reasons given)

Are they doing this to get out of paying us back our rebate? (we have never claimed btw) and if this is the case, can I get our money back through courts?

Am only asking, as this is different to majority of cases on here! (trust me to be awkward! ;-) )

Hi Minklemoo,

I would be onto to them to get any reason for cancelling your policy in writing as something here stinks. I think you will have a job on your hands getting a straight answer out of this lot though, they tend to go round the houses and never get to the actual point. You have to keep on top of this mob too, they do not work to your timescale at all, not even with SAR they were late with mine and I have sent complaint to the ICO regarding this. I did recieve some information from them, but one part that was mentioned in a letter from them failed to show up in SAR data, so someone telling porkie pies or they have failed under SAR.

Oh GE Money , why do I hate that name..:-) . I have been in a fight with GE Money since September regarding Mis Sold Payment Protection Insurance. I have found them to be a right Mob to deal with so far. Story Basically is you ticked the box so tuff S**t, I complained to FOS, FSA which were not a lot of help. I also Complained to the FISA, they were a bit better, and i had long telephone conversation with them last week, They had looked at my complaint and a senior officer has talked to a senior Director at GE Money, who said he would contact me to try and resolve the matter. Going on GE Im not holding my breathe waiting for them to make contact.

I am now at the stage of taking them to court over this, I doubt if I will manage to get the papers etc in before Xmas though due to workload etc, I will be taking them to court using the English Small Claims system, so this may delay things a bit too.

Good luck mate, and keep up the fight that you will no doubt get into with GE Money.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 2 weeks later...