Currys TV faulty

mars3424234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you have faith in the company that sold you a TV that failed prematurely and are liable for its failure to accurately assess the fault or would you prefer that an independent expert does this?

You could propose to Currys that you have another expert that is closer to you and therefore quicker and that it is possible for you to take the TV to them or have them inspect it at your property (if this is the case) thus saving both yourself and Currys the inconvenience of arranging and waiting for collection and re-delivery.

If they refuse such a reasonable offer you could perhaps refer to that in future.

Wait and see what @BankFodder suggests.

• 1 year later...

If the Court finds in your favour that Currys are liable to you but your claim fails in quantum (value) it is unlikely in my view, in the small claims court that they would be awarded their costs.

Like any scenario that relies on a human being at the end of the day no outcome is certain.

Courts tend to provide an outcome which is seen to result in compromise from both sides, if you were to go to court a judge may decide to award you a sum which is greater than what Currys have offered you but less than the value of your claim, perhaps for example on the basis that the TV should have lasted 10 years i.e. more than Currys proposed 6 less but less than your 15, this outcome may still entitle you to recover some of your costs.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 1