Pothole claim denied

Chipz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully a quick one this. 

Put my claim in and after 6 months of waiting they have turned it down (under section 58 defense), which I understand from searching and reading on here is quite standard.

I intend to appeal and follow up with small claims court if needed. My initial thoughts are to use some info provided in the rejection letter. These details are:

Incident occurred 30th May.

Last inspection carried out n the 6th May - no new actionable defects were present (I`ve no issues with that).

(However this line I hope is a slam dunk for me) This is due to the defect having been picked up for repair on January the 12th....

Any advice on how to proceed? Best tactics, pitfalls to avoid, and, any other useful bits of information would be great.

It really was a massive pothole, I have photos and everything. It`s on a main road, right next to a police station, so how the hell it wasn`t even marked up I have no idea. 

Edited by Chipz

Oh yes, sorry, it is the council responsible for that section of the road I am talking about.

It is the councils procedure I have been following for reporting the incident and the pothole which was via an online portal. :)