How do I take action against course provider? (pre covid-19)

cc1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need to take action against them for providing a PGCE course (2017-18) that was not as stated in recruitment literature. Also I was failed after concerted actions by course manager to disadvantage the results outcome. After a drawn-out internal (uni) complaints process of over two years, the OIAHE took over, investigated and made recommendations that nowhere near reflect actual losses I suffered as a result of enrolling on the course with that provider. I need the return of my tuition fees and compensation for three years' loss of earnings. Citizens Advice say they can't help and that I might look for a solicitor on Law Society site. I can't pay for legal action. Any ideas what other avenues might be open to bring the provider to account?

I think you need to settle down and tell us the whole story in a chronological order.

Skip the narrative.

Space and punctuate your post properly so that it is accessible to people even with small screens.

My gut instinct though is that although there may be something to claim, it seems unlikely to me that you will be able to claim for three years of loss of earnings – but what's the story?

Yes it is

what do you want to know??

OIAHE: While I found them professional, I'm not sure how 'independent' I found them to be as they didn't acknowledge or address key issues that I kept raising over the 3 years concerning ongoing course provision problems.

Well you can start off by laying out in a bullet pointed chronology who the provider was, how much you paid, in what way did it for short of the recruitment literature, in what way were you disadvantaged by somebody, what were the recommendations made by the investigator, in what way do you think that the recommendations fell short of actual losses….

In other words we need to know all the things that you hinted at but didn't tell us in your opening post

That would kind of identify me, wouldn't it?

I'm trying to find out whether anyone knows what avenues there might be to take legal action against a provider who (a) did not deliver what they said they would, and (b) mismanaged my course. 

The OIAHE did not address either of those issues so I need to find out how to take legal action. 

I don't mind being identified with the case as I haven't done anything wrong but I don't think that this is the right space to do that. I will inform the Dept of Education since the course provider effectively squandered a public-funded £15,000 bursary in the course of mismanaging my course and failing to provide what it said it would. Any help/pointers going forward would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Not really, there are probably many people in a similar position.

And not sure there would be an issue discussing something that has gone wrong online.

If you want total secrecy, see a Solicitors who will charge a lot or try to find a pro bono hobby lawyer willing to help you for free. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thread tidied.

just type no need to hit quote.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...