Afraid for the future?

martinwhite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife and I had a discussion last week. She is worried that if I go after all our financial institutions we will end up on an "awkward list" with all of them and not be able to get an account/credit in future.

Although I am outraged that this should be the case, I am afraid to say that I agree with her. What happens if you p*ss off ALL the banks? As she said, each financial institution has the right to refuse business with you for any reason they choose. In the vast majority of cases, this is because of a credit rating problem. However what's to stop each of us being blacklisted by the bank we've claimed against?

I know people have written to the OFT but we've seen how "decisive" they are and it'll take ages.

I may stop after claiming against Nationwide even though I know I have claims against other banks.

Well, yes, I know what you mean, but surely, there MUST be some financial institutions you haven't p!ssed off? :o

Anyway, they're so bloody inept that the odds are that you'll be able to re-open an account with them after a couple of years, lol.

From a legal point of view, of course, your wages have to be paid in a bank account, so I can't see that ever happening... Or you could always join one of the foreign banks here, why not?

Personally, I refuse to let such a far-fetched possibility get in the way of justice! :p

Vive la Revolution!;)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks