Here we go! ###WON###

Pondfish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Barty i'll Pm a MOD then. :)

Thanks for the annonymous click whoever!

Pondy :)

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

Big congrats Pondy, nice one mate!:D

Thread moved and title amended. Don't forget the survey!;)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

:mad: Pondy don't go, were losing all our friends from this site and I am running out of people to talk too, claim beyound six yrs and stay around or maybe I should start supporting the newbies a bit more, to make new new friends that is as my claimis going to go on for ever and evry by the looks of things, oh and not forgetting the priciple of the site, help them to hit the bank where it hurts most:) :) :)

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Hi Pen!

Hey, this fish ain't finished yet, so no worries there! Looks like you'll all have to put up with me a little longer whilst i settle a couple of Lloyds credit cards, a couple of charges that slipped through after i started my 1st claim, and i am "pond" ering the 6 year + charges as well. A friend has also asked me to help him with claiming against MBNA which i have said i'll do (Free of charge of course, and using CAG) :)

Nice to know people want you around though, and even consider you a friend. I too feel i have made friends on this site. The spirit of everyone on this site not only helps people through pretty dark periods of their lives, but also spreads to newcomers seeking help. It doesn't seem so long ago that i first wondered what a forum was, and the initial steps i took were with a little intrepidation and worry. Now i have gained a lot more confidence in standing up to Financial institutions (when you know you have a case). I enjoy my time spent on this site, and i'm sure it's the same for you. I try to give newbies the benefit of what knowledge i have gained so far whenever i can. I think you too would enjoy this. I have now seen a couple of people i have helped (who were quite nervous to begin with) win thier claim. It is almost as good as winning yourself!

Keep in touch Pen, i don't think old CAG'ers need to become a dying breed, and i think there is still some good milage in reclaiming Bank Charges.

BTW i have decided to try for Wasted Costed on my first claim, has anyone reading this tried yet? I am wonderering where to pitch the cost of time spent on my claim. I am mindful that this needs to be kept to a moderate estimate, so has anyone got any suggestions?

regards,

Hi all!

Just thought i'd add another post to say i submitted my letter of acceptance to the courts by hand yesterday. A bit of a delay i know, but still before the date i was supposed to return my court bundle. ;)

The reason i did not send it in earlier is that i decided to try for wasted costs, and so we'll see what happens now. The Draft Order i submitted with my AQ was not used, so hopefully better luck this time.

It was difficult to put a cost to it, i have spent hours on my claim, as i'm sure everyone does. Mindful of Bankfodders note to moderate these claims, i came up with £64-00 in total. This covered time spent, postage, collection of charges info etc. I would love to know how this compares with other peoples claims.

Hi pondy, I know if I was estimating for costs it would definitely be for a lot more, imagine all the hours of research we have put in on this site, not that it has not been welcome but we are not solicitors who are meant to know the law, they are and I bet their costs wouldn't come cheap. by the way SC&M did not file their bundle so i am abit annoyed as it is just more wasted time. I have also gone though 2 ink cartridges at 25.00 a time.

Pen

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

Hi Pen,

Doh, undersold myself again! :o

Yes i agree with your last post, but if i can reclaim the postage and some time i think i'd be happy!:)

And how can the judge refuse that miserly amount??? ;)

We shall see!

hi

received a letter from Lloyds TSB stating that they are to pay me £750.00 as a final settlement this has been paid into my account today i wrote a letter telling them not to make the payment what is my next step please help

Hampshire 2

Take a look at this thread;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/59205-how-deal-goodwill-payments.html

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hi,

Need a bit of advice before starting my next claim(s).;)

i am going to pursue charges on my Lloyds Visa and Mastercard accounts. These seem to be handled by separate dept's in Brighton. Is it best to start one claim for charges on bothcards, or two separate claims?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Hi,

Need a bit of advice before starting my next claim(s).;)

i am going to pursue charges on my Lloyds Visa and Mastercard accounts. These seem to be handled by separate dept's in Brighton. Is it best to start one claim for charges on bothcards, or two separate claims?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

If the accounts had seperate account numbers they also likely had seperate contracts.

For the avoidance of doubt, I would submit seperate claims.

:)

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Thanks PM,

As dependable as ever! ;)

Two claims it is then, although both will be quite small i think.

Still, keeps me swimming the forums!

How's the serious claim going PM! any more news?

Thanks PM,

As dependable as ever! ;)

Two claims it is then, although both will be quite small i think.

Still, keeps me swimming the forums!

How's the serious claim going PM! any more news?

Good move, also gives them two lots of court fees to cough up !!

I now have 3 claims (all of similar magnitude) in process.

The first is subject to them fiing a defence by this Friday, or things could then progress onto summary judgement (with the accompanying request of course that the court does not allow them a stay due to their general unreasonable behaviour, and a lack of intention to negotiate or actually defend).

The other 2 claims are coming up for N1 stage.

Hmm,

Should have some news for us by Monday then.

Good luck PM, your doing a great job and i hope you reap the reward.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Rang the court today as i hadn't heard anything since i sent my acceptance letter and application for wasted costs in on 9th May.

I was informed that they were aware the claim had been settled, and my application for costs had just been sent to the District Judge.

I should recieve a letter by the beginning of next week with regard to his decision.

Excellent - I'll look forward to hearing what the response is.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi,

Got a little problem and need some help from a MOD.

My computer at work no longer remembers my login details. try as i could, i could not remember my username and password.

Had a look at home (computer still recognises me) but i still can't find the info i need.

Tried the password reminder by entering my Email addess, but it gives me the wong username. I originally used my real name when i first registered on this site, and that is what comes back. I changed this before i started posting for obvious reasons.

Can anyone help? The pond fish is out of action during the day at present.And stand no chance of getting the kids off in the evening:(

Not a clue! Sorry!

Your best bet by far would be to PM alanfromderby - he sorts stuff like that out as far as I'm aware.

If you can't get hold of him let me know and I'll get it sorted one way or another.

Thanks for that Gary - but i've managed to crack it! :D

Cold sweat was breaking out, and withdrawal symtoms setting in. :eek:

Got it written down now - god knows why the computer decided to forget, but a lesson learned there.

Good.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

i have been waiting for a reponse to my application for wasted costs, and recieved a letter from the courts on Saturday.

The letter said the Judge had requested i send in written evidence of the settlement. I did send in a letter back on the 8th May to inform the courts the claim had been settled, but did not send a copy of the letter from [problem].

Should i have sent a copy of [problem]'s settlement letter with my letter to the courts, or is this request more to do with the judges decision on my claim for wasted costs do you think?

Anyway, i'll pop a copy in to the courts later today.

Hi pondy. when I win my case:) I was concidering to give the judge my claim for wasted costs there and then with the hope he/she would agree or not agree. i know you applied for yours at a later date to the hearing but as a matter of interest is it possible for judgers to award this at the hearing, the do for banks and solicitors so way not for lay persons. so I am unsure wether or not i can just hand it over or includ it in a court bundle

cases won

Morning Pondy

:p

Good to hear that some Judges are thinking about the 'wasted costs' requests.

I sent mine to the court 14 days ago but havent heard anything back yet :( i am a bit concerned that they have just shut my case down without reading the letter etc fully, like they did to another CAG member who's thread i was reading.

If nothing turns up in the post this morning i think i will give them a ring.

I didnt send the court my 'offer of settlement' letter from [problem] either. Didnt think we could show it to anyone else ?

Good luck .... lets hope your judge rules in your favour

XxXxX

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D