NPE/BW ANPR PCN PAPLOC - wrong reg - MJB Winelodge, Bridge Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR32 3LR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done on getting the chip shop owner involved.  That will massively help your case.

Thanks for filling in the forum sticky.  Please sort out the attachments so we can see what they are claiming and help you fight back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for letting us have the info so quickly.

Firstly, there is the odd misapprehension in post 1.  ANPR is useless technology which, even when it works properly, simply takes photos of the vehicle going in and going out.  There will be no images of you paying.

The only way someone can get a CCJ is if they are taken to court, lose the court case and then defy the court and still refuse to pay.  There is no danger whatsoever of you getting a CCJ.

You ask "can they enforce?"  Well they can send lots of stupid letters certainly, anyone can write to anyone about anything.  I could write to you and say you owe me £200 because I don't like the style of shoes you're wearing today.  I could even sue you if I wanted.  obviously I would get a thrashing in court - as would NPE.

Your involvement of the chip shop owner is superb.  You have proof you paid.

You have done well in ignoring them so far.  Keep doing the same.

Can you remember if you had to input your registration number into the machine?  If so it would explain a lot if in the dark you input a 0 instead of an O for example.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

OK, mystery solved, registration number.

I see the thickheads aren't even saying you didn't pay.  The offence is "Driver failed to correctly use pay & display machine".  Good luck to them trying that tripe in court 🤣

Have a look at post 14 at  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/435008-smartcst-anpr-pcn-paploc-wrong-reg-hardwick-road-stockton-on-tees/?tab=comments#comment-5111577  This is a cracking snotty letter mainly the work of forum regular Lookinforinfo, which contains all the legal arguments as to why you are right and they are wrong.

Yes, ignore their bilge unless they send a Leter Before Action/Letter Before Claim.

Is this place local to you?  If so, photos of the signage and machine during the day (so we can see their deficiencies) and at night (so you have proof they don't illuminate the machine and of what you had to put up with) would be useful.

• dx100uk changed the title to NPE/BW PCN - wrong MJB Winelodge, Bridge Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR32 3LR
  • dx100uk changed the title to NPE/BW ANPR PCN - wrong reg - MJB Winelodge, Bridge Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR32 3LR
  • 1 month later...

There are examples you could adapt in drew57's and munksey2001's threads.

Well done on finding the snotty letter on Happy54's thread, that is exactly the sort of thing you should be sending.

You also link to the government consultation document.  What you are looking for is in "Chapter 4: The level of parking charges".

Good work.

We'd probably have made it "snottier"!  However, the important thing is you've shown you know the law and the PPC know they are on a hiding to nothing if they do do court.

There are no guarantees, but we've seen them recently back off virtually always in these cases.

Write on the bottom of your letter COPIED TO NATIONAL PARKING ENFORCEMENT LTD.  This is because crooked solicitors like BW Legal are infamous for egging on their clients to go to court, even if the case is pants.  After all, they get paid either way.  Let the PPC know directly you've sussed their sordid little game.

Obviously quote their PCN reference number on the letters.

If none of the other regulars disagree, invest in two 2nd class stamps tomorrow and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

• dx100uk changed the title to NPE/BW ANPR PCN PAPLOC - wrong reg - MJB Winelodge, Bridge Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR32 3LR

No real harm has been done but the thing to remember is that rogue solicitors like BW Legal who are in cahoots with the PPCs are simply conmen.  They're solicitors, they know the law, they know about "de minimis", they know the money isn't owed but carry on regardless.

That's why forum regular lookinforinfo prepared the snotty letter you found to show their sordid little schemes had been sussed and it would have been better to send them the whole thing.

Once you start discussing evidence with them they will come out with every lie imaginable to try to get you to pay.  It's complete nonsense to say the grace period ended because you went to get a quid from the chippy, what you did was no different to going back to your car to get some change, for example.

You've been through PAPLOC now, they sent the Letter of Claim, you told them where to get off, relax now, yours is not the next move.

• 1 year later...