Yodel have taken my parcel from a collect+ point. @Yodel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. 

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with Yodel 

I had an eBay parcel delivered to a collect+ point (CO-OP) on 02/06/21 at 10.21am by DPD. At 13.14pm a Yodel Collect+ driver arrived and put my parcel into the return sack and brought it with him in error. I have CCTV footage that CO-OP provided. The first video shows the DPD driver dropping the parcel off at 10.14. The second video shows the Yodel driver picking the parcel up and walking out the door. 

On Friday 11/06/21 I contacted the Yodel web chat service and chatted with one of their reps. They took my details and gave me a reference number .... They said they  sent an email to the local depot. I have a copy of this script.

I tried to contact web chat again but I've had a mixture of unhelpful responses and nobody recognises the reference number I've been given.  I’ve also emailed infocollectplus.cust@yodel.co.uk twice with no reply. I've filled out the claim form and requested a payment to the value of £450. 

How many days should I wait before raising a case and is correct to ask yodel for this money instead of eBay? 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

7 hours ago, dx100uk said:

Ah yes, of course!  I need to brush up on my skills.  Only a few months ago I had to raise a claim against Hermes with the Help of a user called BankFodder on here so I will have a re read of that thread. I did not expect to be back here so soon. 

• 1 month later...

evidence.docxGood morning all. 

its probably not a surprise, but yodel are disputing the claim for the following reasons:

·         The claimant has provided video footage which does not evidence any cause of action against the defendant – My footage shows the parcel being delivered by the driver and I also have a delivery conformation picture. The footage also shows the yodel driver coming into the store and then footage of the feet area showing the box. Then the driver leaves the box is gone.

·         It is the defendant’s case that the driver did not take any parcel that was not designated for the defendant.  The claimant has failed to substantiate such allegations.  Not sure what to say to this? I have been told by the staff at the shop that the yodel driver took the parcel and the footage backs this up.

·         In any event any parcels that are taken in error are stored in the defendants lost property and/or returned to the correct recipient. I’ve not had a single response from yodel about my parcel. It’s known that “lost” parcels from companies like yodel are auctioned off so the system must not work.

As my parcel was delivered to a Collect+/Yodel drop off point surely the Collect+ insurance should cover me even if they don’t think their driver took the parcel? Is this reasonable?

I’ve attached some screen shots from the videos and the original videos. 

STREAMABLE.COM

Watch "DPD Delivery (2)" on Streamable.

STREAMABLE.COM

Watch "Yodel Removal (2)" on Streamable.

evidence.docx

6 minutes ago, lenny100 said:

i would be reporting this to the police as a stolen item, as it was taken without your consent

Hello Lenny. 

I never thought about it that way. Is it  too late to report something like this as it's been three months? 

no harm it trying even if you only get a report number it can only help. i think a few more of thses cases were stuff has gone missing with all these companys should be reported it will eventulay get to the stagee were a police investigation would have to take place

Edited by lenny100

• 2 months later...

Hi all. 

The Mediation has taken place. Yodel requested that I answer some more questions, for which I've posted the answers here. I'm at a bit of a cross roads as I feel that my evidence might not stand up in court. What are your opinions? Previously I've been directed to "collect+ by Yodel" so that who I have raised this case with. 

I can't bare to think that I will be out of pocket for this, but equally I feel like I'm hitting a dead end. 

Yodel Records

As your parcel was not delivered by Yodel (it was delivered by DPD), we have no records of it on our system. My understanding is that any DPD barcode would have been specific to them and their IT systems; so would not have been recognised by Yodel.  

We have previously checked Yodel lost property (where any unidentified parcels should be re-directed to) and we could not locate your parcel. Our depots advised that any unidentified parcels which originated from DPD may be returned by Yodel to DPD directly. Have you checked with DPD again to see if this has turned up in their network/lost property?

CCTV Recording

I have watched the clips shared a number of times and unfortunately I do not agree that they prove a Yodel driver took your parcel. The clips are not great quality, they only provide snapshots of the footage and it is really difficult to identify any time stamps for the events. This is understandable given the clips are recordings of the CCTV footage being replayed. If you were able to obtain the full CCTV footage, we would happily reconsider that.

As a general point, the onus will be on you as the claimant to prove to the Court that on the balance of probabilities a Yodel driver took your parcel. In addition, you will need to set out on what legal basis Yodel is liable to compensate you for your losses even if a Yodel driver did take it. That will then be for the Court to consider and make a judgment.   

Theft Allegations & Police Involvement

From your email we note a couple of references to your parcel being stolen and involving the police. If you believe that a criminal offence has been committed, then of course you are entitled to raise that with the police as you see fit.

That said, I would respectfully point out that the definition of theft under section 1 of the Theft Act 1968 is “dishonestly appropriating property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.” In the Particulars of Claim for your civil claim against Yodel you state that Yodel “mistakenly took my parcel” i.e. there is no allegation that it was dishonestly taken by a Yodel driver with the intention of permanently depriving you of it. If you wish to amend your Particulars of Claim, you will need to make any application to the Court for permission to do the same.

Putting the criminal offence allegations to one side, you are entitled to put forward witness evidence in your civil claim against Yodel. These don’t need to be witness statements obtained by the Police. Please see the following link to the Citizens Advice Bureau website for more information: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/going-to-a-small-claims-hearing/

Just to flag, I cannot locate a copy of the Directions Questionnaire you filed/served for this claim. How many witnesses did you advise the Court would be attending in relation to your case? Did you include witnesses from the Collect+ store?

Collect+ & Yodel

You have asked us for clarification as to whether Collect+ and Yodel are the same company. We can confirm they are not. Yodel is a trading name of Yodel Delivery Network Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05200072. Collect+ is owned and operated by PayPoint Network Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 02973115.

As you can see from the Collect+ website, they work with a number of parcel couriers/retailers, including both Yodel and DPD. Collect+ delivered by Yodel is a service offered by Yodel in conjunction with Collect+.

Settlement Offer

Notwithstanding all of the above, Yodel are mindful of the significant amount of time that is involved for both parties in dealing with claims such as these. Plus given the impact of the pandemic on the Court system, it may be a long time before this matter reaches a trial and a conclusion either way.

As such, as a gesture of goodwill, Yodel would be prepared to offer you £100 in full and final settlement of this claim. This offer is made entirely without any admission of liability to you and is only open for acceptance until 5pm on 30th November 2021. After that time, the offer is withdrawn and will no longer be available for acceptance.  

If you do not wish to accept this offer, that is of course your choice but please note that Yodel will defend this matter to trial and allow a Court to determine the outcome.

Please do let me know if you have any questions on the above and we look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by murraynt

I disagree with the poster who said it was “stolen”. Stolen requires dishonest intent, and it is more likely a mistake was made.

If it comes to legal action : sue both and let them sort it out between them. They can both be held to be negligent : The agents of DPD for not ensuring the parcel couldn’t be wrongly taken, and Yodel for their agent wrongly taking it!.

Edited by BazzaS

7 hours ago, BazzaS said:

I disagree with the poster who said it was “stolen”. Stolen requires dishonest intent, and it is more likely a mistake was made.

If it comes to legal action : sue both and let them sort it out between them. They can both be held to be negligent : The agents of DPD for not ensuring the parcel couldn’t be wrongly taken, and Yodel for their agent wrongly taking it!.

Good morning Bazzas. 

Thanks for your reply.  Should I cancel this case with yodel and create a new one with Yodel and collect+ or can I simply add another party? 

First step would be sending collect+ a letter before claim. (As long as collect+ don’t then try and blame dpd….)

The other issue is that if you weren’t the sender, (was it something you’d bought on eBay) then the sender is the one who needs to compensate you & recover it themselves.

Edited by BazzaS

14 minutes ago, BazzaS said:

First step would be sending collect+ a letter before claim. (As long as collect+ don’t then try and blame dpd….)

The other issue is that if you weren’t the sender, (was it something you’d bought on eBay) then the sender is the one who needs to compensate you & recover it themselves.

Thanks Bazza.  

DPD have a picture of the parcel being in the shop, so I don't think they would get very far with that. 

I tried to get compensation from eBay and the seller directly, but I was refused as it was delivered to the collect+ point with proof from DPD.