PE/DCBL ANPR PCN - Overstay - Marriott Hotel Courtyard by Marriott Luton Airport for 20min enquiry **CANCELLED BY PE**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 30/06/2021 at 21:32, tedd4 said:

Is there anything that I can do?

Yes, of course there is, but it's unclear from your description at what stage of the legal process your case is, and to advise we need to know.

Please answer the questions dx and BN asked.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for all this.

Try to get the terminology right, otherwise you'll just harm your case.

In your letter to the Marriott Hotel you repeatedly  call this ticket a fine.  It isn't.  A private company hasn't got the power to fine you.  It's an invoice.

Bailiffs can only become involved if you are taken to court, lose a court case and then defy the court and still don't pay.  There are no bailiffs involved.  DCBL can act as bailiffs and write this in their letter heading to con you.

Stop contacting DCBL.  Even if they were sympathetic - which they aren't - they have no power to do anything as this is not their debt.

You need to get back on to Marriott, but at CEO level  liam.brown@marriott.com  Send a version of your letter, most of which is OK, but

- for goodness sake don't call the charges "fines"

- don't accuse Marriott of making money, because the charges go to PE

- remove references to DCBL who an irrelevant uninterested third party.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• dx100uk changed the title to PE/DCBL ANPR PCN - Overstay - Marriott Hotel Courtyard by Marriott Luton Airport for 20min enquiry

Just to be clear who you're dealing with, as you've mixed them up.

Marriott - the organ grinder.  They've stupidly decided they need to employ someone to save their car parks from being taken over by non-patrons.  They have the power to call PE off.  So get onto the CEO.  As well as the bits I said to cut out, add a bit to explain that you originally tried to contact the hotel in Luton but got nowhere (otherwise they'll wonder why you are contacting them in July 2021 instead of June 2020).

PE - the monkey.  These are the conmen you're supposed to appeal to (but they never accept appeals) and they are the ones who take your £100.  As dx says, ignore them now totally unless they send you a Letter Before Claim.  Legally you're in the right, it was impossible for you to satisfy their silly rules.

DCBL - oxygen thieves who have no power to do anything as it's not their debt.  You should always ignore anything you get from a DCA.

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to PE/DCBL ANPR PCN - Overstay - Marriott Hotel Courtyard by Marriott Luton Airport for 20min enquiry **CANCELLED BY PE**

But, but, but, didn't PE insist it was "too late" to consider cancelling the charge?  🤣

Well done on your victory!  👏