Parking eye ANPR PCN Lidl, Ashford

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'm surprised by Lidl's attitude, in the past the CEO strategy has worked every time.

Can you please post up the PCN, redacted this time?  Then we can see what they're saying you did wrong, if the terminal is relevant and if they've followed the legal timeframe properly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Lookinforinfo is spot on.  Don't pay PE.  The grace period of 10 minutes could easily become 13 with the knackered terminal not to mention COVID social distancing which delays getting into and out of a supermarket.  Then PE won't have planning permission for their signs and the planning permission Lidl have won't be for 90 minutes.

Your letter to Lidl is superb and I'm very surprised they didn't call off PE.

HB beat me to it - don't appeal.

The best thing you can do is to read some PE threads here so you get the idea of what will happen.

They will certainly "chase this up".  They will send various reminder letters threatening county court judgements and you being hung, drawn & quartered.  They may get a third party to send you a letter to pretend it's all escalated a level (in reality third parties can do nothing as it's not their debt).  All this is hot air from paper tigers and can all be ignored.

If they eventually send you a Letter before Claim/Letter Before Action then that is the time to reply and give them both barrels.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, freeloader said:

I have received a second parking charge notice (same as the first). I will keep you updated.

What do you mean exactly?  Have PE sent you a reminder about the 13-minute "overstay" ticket?

Yes, it's the same parking event.  This seems to be a new tactic by PE, send out their demands and then a reminder 10-ish days later, we've had a few such cases recently.

• Thanks 1

Just a thought.  On a few of these "supermarket parking" threads there has been a tendency to fob off a first complaint, then if the motorist insists a second time they get a result.  It might be a case of 2+2=5 but sometimes it's almost as if there's a policy of only doing something after being pushed twice.  It might be worth a quick second mail to Lidl -

"Thank you for your reply of XXXXX which I find most disappointing and a shameful refusal to accept your responsibilities.

Parking Eye are about to sue me and I will add Lidl as a Third Party to the claim.  You can explain in front of a judge how your incompetence delays customers' return to their cars and then allows the same customers to be charged £100 and then sued by the vermin you have let loose outside your stores".

• Thanks 1