• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Noisy neighbours and tenancy agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Welcome to CAG

I am sorry to hear what you are going through and suffering with PTSD and this ongoing matter will not help your condition. Are you getting any help for your PTSD Condition at present?

When you moved to your present property did you moved under Medical Reason and filled in the Housings Medical Reasons Application form which is different to a normal Housing Application Form? The reason I ask if you did move and fill in there Medical Reasons Application Form then the Housing is fully aware of your medical reasons.

Before I continue I do feel that you need to contact your GP and tell them exactly how you are feeling at this present moment and I would also advise as you are a Veteran contacting Veterans Gateway and having a wee chat with them here is there link:

WWW.VETERANSGATEWAY.ORG.UK

The Veterans' Gateway team is the first point of contact for the welfare needs of veterans and their families.

Could you clarify that you have a Tenancy Agreement with eithe a Housing Association or a Housing Trust? (could you name them)

As for them saying they can do what they want noise wise up to midnight they are sadly wrong and what they are doing is Anti Social Behaviour.

When you previously complained about this did you go through the Housings Complaint Procedure and they gave you a written response? if so exactly what did it state?

There will be no fast and easy solution to this without you keeping a written record of everything  and Compling to the Housing youing there Complaints Procedure and each til you complain to them you also report it to the Councils Anti Social Behaviour Team/Noise Team and the Police and your Local Councillor then record the date and times for each occcasion not matter how small or what the incident is. Keeping that written record is so important. I have attached and Incident Log in PDF for you.

You from now need to keep a good paper trail of every little incident and report it each time it happens as mentioned no matter what the incident is.

Also write to the Housing Association and ask them for copies of the following:

Customer Care Policy/Charter (not the leaflet)

Complaints Policy (not the leaflet)

Anti Social Behaviour Policy (not the leaflet)

If on reporting these incident they start to think it is you and get more anti social you immediately report this to the Police.

Don't let these idiot get the better of you asyou are worth more than these anti social idiots and DO NOT take things into your own hands no matter how bad it gets just phone the Police

as a Veteran myself Thank You for Your Service to your Country

Incident Log.pdf

• Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Just so we are clear is this a Private Housing Tenancy or with a Housing Association or Housing Trust? I  wont ask for the name but you mentioning Savills they are Estate Agents & Lettings Agents. (so sound more like Private Housing please correct me if I am wrong)

I can fully understand where you are coming from with Combat Stress and feelling like you are going round in circles as each time you ask for help it feels like you are starting at the beginning again with the same questions being asked time and again and made to feel like it is you and it is and in your mind and feel you are making it up.

Been there and blew up at NHS consultant (as they really don't know how ex forces deal with things) and basically told him to stop treating me like a child with there stupid question and been round all this and told him exacly what would happen and he was horrified and that is when things change for myself getting the correct help.

I know you may not want to but I feel it would be helpful to contact your GP and tell them what you have said about how you feel and everything that is going on with the Anti Social Behaviour of your neighbours even with combat stress and that you feel like your going round in circles with the same question all the time and also contact the Veterans Gateway and tell them the exact same

As mentioned keep a written evidence record of every single incident no matter how small and report it each time as mentioned you need to build up a case for them to be able to take action on this with the Anti Social Behaviour

Have you thought about installing CCTV Cameras (you would need the Landlords permission to do so) that is if you consider it. also if you have a mobile phone with the facility to record you have that option also (and wouldn't need Landlords for recording on your own mobile phone)

• Like 1

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi 

As said keep a record of every little incident.

As for your medical condition I do sympathise with you and what you are going through and know exactly where you are coming from about your treatment as had similar experience on the NHS as they just seem to not understand how ex forces operate and deal with things compared to a normal civilian.

My suggestion and you may already be doing this with your medical condition is to keep a diary and be absolutley open in it as to how your condition affects you on a daily basis.

Another source that may be of help is this link: 

WWW.HELPFORHEROES.ORG.UK

We provide lifelong support to Service Personnel and Military Veterans with injuries, illnesses and wounds sustained while serving in the British Armed...

I myself fought Glasgow City Council for almost 3 years with all these different agencies that are suppose to help veterans including what was the War Pensions Agency at the time now Veterans Agency all telling me I was wrong and to go away but I wouldn't and fought tooth and nail and the outcome was I got a full apology off GCC, refunded £££££, changed there policies and benefited every single veteran in Glasgow as GCC had to relook at all Veterans cases.  Due to being Medically Discharged due to a back injured due to service GCC were penalising me and classing my Army Pension as an Occupational Pension so denied Benefits I was entitled to when it should have be classed the same as the War Pension I had and disregared

Had a meeting with the War Pension Agency after winning my case with other Veterans and I was horrified to hear there stories as well as mine.

You keep your head held high and think positive do not let then get to you (I know it is easy to say) but please keep the diary and contact the different links posted and don't hold back tell them exactly how you feel and especially of your previous treatment do not hold back be completely up front as to how you feel.

Hi

Please do not let your previous experience with this individual from that specific charity dwell on you and I know it is easy for me to say this as I wasn't the one that they made all these promises of assistance to that did not happen due to what they done, at least they were caught.

I can fully understand your reluctance to put your trust in this system again after that but please remember things change the system has moved on and do not let what this person done stop you seeking the help/assistance you need.

Make an appointment with your GP and make sure you tell them firstly that you are a Veteran and want it noted in your Medical Records (priority of treatment for your medical condition if due to service) and secondly tell them exactly what you have said here and what you have not said here be completely open with them. (I know as a veteran myself we are a stubborn lot and are just used to getting on and dealing with things our way as we did in the military which is completely differently to how a normal civilian would would deal with things)

I was a stubborn git with my own pride after 18 years service medicall discharge due to a back injury due to service(the military was my career and suddenly gone) and I was soo angry with the system at the time and that changed when Glasgow City Council tried to do what I have already mentioned and that is the short version of the tactics they tried to get me to go away.

Something to also look up in your council area is who the Veterans Commisioner is for your area and keep note of it as you can tell them of your experiences as most Councils (but not all) now have a nominated Veteran Commissioner which you may be unaware of so look it up or simple ask your Council who your Veterans Commisioner is.

Please have a good think about contacting your GP and the other links I have previously posted and be completelty open about youe feeling/previous treatment.

I really do get where you are coming from as been there some years ago and my pride went when yes I broke down in front of my GP (when he had a go at me) and I blew up in front of him and told him everything that had happened and my treatment and he was horrified and put numerous thing in place.

Hi

Also this link will be of use have a good read of it:

Antisocial Behaviour etc. (Scotland) Act 2004: noise nuisance guidance: 

WWW.GOV.SCOT

Scottish Government guidance on noise nuisance.