Sar a former employer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Manxman in exile said:

I was just expressing my surprise that CraigMcK's employer deletes "almost everything" after just three months.

I guess it depends what is meant by "almost everything". Possibly they are thinking of the 3 month time limit for bringing an Employment Tribunal claim for Unfair Dismissal. But if they are they will be stuffed in defending a claim if the ex-employee gets permission to bring the claim out of time or brings a claim in the county court instead!

Payroll records must be kept a minimum of 3 years PAYE and payroll for employers: Keeping records - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Advice from HR experts varies but this one is typical  https://www.naturalhr.com/2018/04/12/gdpr-how-long-must-you-keep-hr-records/

That recommends keeping redundancy records for 6 years.

Still, the sooner put in a SAR @hugo1963 the sooner you'll find out what they have. Bear in mind that a SAR will only disclose information about you. It isn't a disclosure of their entire redundancy procedure and decision-making.

• Thanks 1