Barclays Bank - Status 6 Markers or Default on Credit File?

monyl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, is it possible to get some information on what is the least negative marker to have on your credit file: a default notice or status 6 markers.

My account was inherited from Barclays to Woolwich with overdraft and was converted to the old Premier Packaged account. 

I became unemployed in 2009 -  returned to college to study alternative qualifications to retrain etc living off my overdraft of £1800 as I thought it would not be long before I found work but this was not the case.  Barclays introduced their aggressive new fee charging system in 2014. To cut a long story short, the fees started to consume my account. 

I did raise a complaint about charges which was not upheld at FOS.  Reclaimed and was successful on the packaged bank account around 2015 but I thought the whole account would have been written off.  The letter from FOS which upheld the complaint did not mention repayment of the overdraft.  The letter from Barclays acknowledging the complaint never mentioned repayment of the overdraft.   I had numerous conversations with Barclays/FOS about what I thought.

I received a Termination Notice in  25 April 2018 and contacted Barclays/Collections.  They told me I had to go back to FOS to tell them to write off the overdraft.  Barclays denied the conversation and I had to send a SAR to ask for a recording.  Barclays denied having it and on contacting the ICO they found the recording but information was still getting blurred every time I spoke to Barclays.  So in my frustration and with all the stress in trying to find work, I stopped communicating with them.  

I received a SMS from Barclays on 19-10-2018 saying that my account was now nil.  When I called them to check as I thought they had decided to write off the overdraft, the collections team said they would have to 'reload' my account to reflect my overdraft still on my account.

Short story: I contacted Barclays again and found someone who has listened and looked at the whole saga to try to resolve this.  I have cleared the account which I have now done in full.  The outstanding issues:

1. 'Status 6' markers are on my credit file.

2. No default notice was issued or showing on my credit file

3. The account was never sold to debt collectors.

4. No debt repayment letters for the overdraft were ever sent.

5. I still had access to my account via telephone banking: my account was never closed.

Now they want to add the default notice to my credit file backdated to 2015 which will drop off in September 2021 OR if I disagree they will keep registering the 'status 6' markers until 2023 (from the date of the Termination Notice.  

What is the least negative to have: the 'status 6' markers or the default notice?  Any information would be extremely helpful.  

the DN as the whole account will vanish on it's 6th B'day

you do realise mind that no-one bar you and barclays can see the calendar markers, and it should not be hurting your score at all.

unless in the summary line they are stating late or something.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk, thank you for your quick reply.   

It does show as late on my credit score and its the only negative thing there with late markers and my score is coming up as 'poor'.  

They have not registered the default as yet, they say they need to do this now to accurately record what happened but I am opposed to this as am not sure of the difference between the two. 

2 hours ago, monyl said:

Now they want to add the default notice to my credit file backdated to 2015 which will drop off in September 2021

as i said you agree to the DN. 

then the whole account will vanish on the default notices 6th birthday

2 hours ago, monyl said:

OR if I disagree they will keep registering the 'status 6' markers until 2023 (from the date of the Termination Notice.  

the 6 cal markers option should not run from the TN date

its should run from the date of the 3rd time you did not pay whatever was required £PCM.

they would also stay on your file for 6yrs from the last one...you don't want that.!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much for your reply.  This whole saga has been so stressful but at least everything is now coming to a head, just wanted to make sure I made the right decision.  Thank you.