cabot and the funding corp debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is this all about?

MORGAN SOLICITORS

Dear Overdone,

We write on behalf of Cabot Financial (uk) Limited with regards to your account. In order for you to fully understand and appropriately respond to this letter, we are providing you with the following information relating to your account.

a) name of account holder (Overdone)

b) Original account Number xxxxxxxxxxx

c) Creditor: The Funding Corporation (1) Ltd

d) Date debt was assigned to cabot financial (uk) 29 September 2006

e) Current balance outstanding £15010.xx

f) A notice of assignment has already been sent to you.

Your account is currently in default. Despite previous correspondence and requests from us, you have failed to settle this account. Accordingly, the outstanding balance is now payable immediately.

Should you wish to settle this account or discuss a payment plan you must contact us either by telephone or by post immediately. We have also included information about free debt advise organisations, which may be able to assist you in this matter.

This is an important letter and you are obliged to respond to this letter by writing to us by virtue of the Practice Direction to the pre-action protocold within the civil procedure rules 1998. If we do not receive a response within one month of the date of this letter, legal proceedings will be issued against you without any further notice or warning to you. If you intend to represent yourself in any forthcoming proposed legal proceedings, we can provide you with a copy of the practice direction upon request.

We are obliged to inform you that should you not comply with the practice direction, the court has the power to impose sanctions, which may include cost sanctions.

Call one of our litigation officers on xxx xxx xxx Our opening hours are Monday to Fridayxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

We now look forward to hearing from you,

Yours sincerely

Morgan Solicitors.

Edited by overdone
clarity

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this all about?

MORGAN SOLICITORS

Dear Overdone,

The Funding Corporation. £15010.52

We write on behalf of Cabot Financial (uk) Limited with regards to your account. In order for you to fully understand and appropriately respond to this letter, we are providing you with the following information relating to your account.

a) name of account holder (Overdone)

b) Original account Number xxxxxxxxxxx

c) Creditor: The Funding Corporation (1) Ltd

d) Date debt was assigned to cabot financial (uk) 29 September 2006

e) Current balance outstanding £15010.xx

f) A notice of assignment has already been sent to you.

Your account is currently in default. Despite previous correspondence and requests from us, you have failed to settle this account. Accordingly, the outstanding balance is now payable immediately.

Should you wish to settle this account or discuss a payment plan you must contact us either by telephone or by post immediately. We have also included information about free debt advise organisations, which may be able to assist you in this matter.

This is an important letter and you are obliged to respond to this letter by writing to us by virtue of the Practice Direction to the pre-action protocold within the civil procedure rules 1998. If we do not receive a response within one month of the date of this letter, legal proceedings will be issued against you without any further notice or warning to you. If you intend to represent yourself in any forthcoming proposed legal proceedings, we can provide you with a copy of the practice direction upon request.

We are obliged to inform you that should you not comply with the practice direction, the court has the power to impose sanctions, which may include cost sanctions.

Call one of our litigation officers on xxx xxx xxx Our opening hours are Monday to Fridayxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

We now look forward to hearing from you,

Yours sincerely

Morgan Solicitors.

Following on from the above.

Cabot Financial.

23 July 2009

Dear Overdone,

The Funding Corporation. £15010.52

Repaying your account - our offer to you

Our aim is to help customers get their accounts cleared and so we are prepared to accept a one off payment of £9006.31 to settle your account. This is a limited offer which is only available for 30 days from the date of this letter. If you'd like to take advantage of this offer, please contact us immediately to arrange your payment.

If you accept this offer

If we receive your payment by the required date, this will save you a total of £6004.21

Once the payment has been processed we'll close your account and mark it as settled with the credit reference agencies.

Contacting Cabot

The most important thing for you to do now is to get intouch with us immediately. Call xxxxxxxxxxxxx and one of our helpful customer advisors will discuss how to repay your account.

Yours sincerely

Alex Duncan

Edited by overdone
add info

sent them a in dispute letter and send the SR in adaguet letter

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

sent them a in dispute letter and send the SR in adaguet letter

I'd love to do that Godmother but I am lost as to what you mean. Can you spell it out for me please?

sorry that will be my fingers working quicker than the brain is spelling. LOL

send to CABOT re the funding corp a in dispute letter. As in the letter u posted above.

Then under seperate cover send them the SAR in adaquete letter.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

sorry that will be my fingers working quicker than the brain is spelling. LOL

send to CABOT re the funding corp an in dispute letter. As in the letter u posted above.

Then under seperate cover send them the SAR in adaquete letter.

I think you mean inadequate.

thats what i ment but as i said my fingers work faster than my brain.

Hi Guests we dont bite.

Borrowed from my other thread about Cahoot debts.

"If they have terminated, then they can't issue a new DN because there is no agreement to issue one on. For the agreement to become live again, they would need your agreement, which they obviously don't have.

Terminating from a dodgy default is an "Unlawfull Rescission of Contract" on their part as they have terminated in a situation they were not allowed to. Basically, it means that they loose all rights to claim any money remaining and gives you possible grounds to claim damages for the rescission and, as they have registered a Default on your file incorrectly, damages under the Data Protection Act. Have a quick check of my mamoth letter in post 26 of my MBNA Thread for all the case law backing up improper defaults."

Overdone: please visit the thread Tales of a dodgy DN - further discussions, its going round in circles there on the point of whether a contract is terminated on the back of a defective DN or not. I go with your understanding, but there are some strong arguments against that view.

I have found unfortunately that Cabot have kept good records and managed to find CCA's from as far back as 21yrs & 15yrs. Both microfiche copies and poor quality and illegible in parts, but the oldest is an old halifax one and has the prescribed terms showing:( looking at other peoples the newer ones (10yrs ago) dont usually conform. Just my luck. Luckily a defective DN is hiding in my files along with a termination letter;)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

• 5 weeks later...

Cabot Financial

25 August 2009

The Funding Corporation Limited

Dear Overdone,

External Agent Recovery Notification

We've previously advised you that if you didn't repay your outstanding debt to Cabot, we'd take further action. Therefor, unless we hear from you immediately we'll instruct one of our debt recovery agents to call on you to collect the debt.

Contacting Cabot

Call 0845 0700 769 urgently and speak to one of our customer advisers.

Yours sincerely

Lindsay Thomas

Senior Recoveries Manager

• 1 month later...

I thought this was a letter from the Salvation Army. All it needs is the blood and sand bit and we have the set.

FIRE

Financial Investigations and Recoveries Limited.

P.O. Box 4506

RUGBY

CV21 9DY

30 September 2009

Ref No xxxxxxxxx

Client Cabot Financial Group

Original Lender. The Funding Corporation

Original Lender

Outstanding Balance £15010.xx

Notification of Instruction to collect

Client Cabot Financial Group.

Refxxxxxxxxxxx

Outstanding Balance.

Dear Overdone,

Due to your failure to pay the above debt, FIRE has been instructed by our client, the Cabot Financial Group, to recover the full outstanding balance on your account.

This notice is issued for non-payment of the above debt

Failure to pay your debt will result in further recovery action

Payment in Full is required Immediately

You must (since when?) now contact one of our agents in our recovery department on 0845 0700 381. Our opening hours are Mon to Fri 8.00 - 21.00 Sat 9.00 - 17.00

Yours sincerely

Fiona Reeves

Recoveries Manager.

Edited by overdone
spacing

Another division of Cabot.....interesting that their registered company name is actually

FINANCIAL INVESTIGATIONS AND RECOVERIES (EUROPE) LIMITED

UNIT 5 MITCHELL COURT CASTLE MOUND WAY

CENTRAL PARK

RUGBY

WARWICKSHIRE

CV23 0UY

Licence Number:0496716

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberFinancial Investigations And Recoveries (Europe) Limited3958421

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Current):

F.I.R.E

Issued Date: 30-Nov-2000

Expiry Date: 21-Dec-2010

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionGlen Paul CrawfordOFFICERJohn David RandallOFFICERMr Kenneth William MaynardOFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionAngela Jane ChurchOFFICERJames Roy ClarkOFFICER

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondence1, Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, WEST MALLING, Kent, ME19 4UA, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of Business1, Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, WEST MALLING, Kent, ME19 4UA, United KingdomRegistered Office5, Mitchell Court, Castle Mound Way, Central Park, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 0UY, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondencec/o Cabot Financial (Europe), 10 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4LTPrincipal Place Of Business10, Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4LTRegistered Office10, Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4LTRegistered OfficeGlebe House 2, Clifton Road, Rugby, CV21 3PX

FIRE

7 October 2009

Make us a Reasonable offer

Dear Overdone,

The Funding Corporation £150xx.xx

Despite repeated requests for payment, you still owe our client, the Cabot Financial Group.

As a final attempt to resolve this matter and to stop any further action, FIRE will guarantee to consider any sensible offer in full and final settlement of your account. This offer can be either a one off payment or a payment plan, provided contact is made with this office by 22 October 2009.

Contact our team now on 0845 0700 381 Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.00 - 21.00 Alternatively you can submit your offer by email to info@fireltd.co.uk or via our website FIRE - Financial Investigations & Recoveries Europe Ltd..

Yours sincerely

Fiona Reeves

they take visa etc, I thought they couldnt encourage you getting into debt to finance a debt?

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

• 3 weeks later...

FIRE

P.O. Box 4506

RUGBY

CV21 9DY

26 October 2009

Ref No xxxxxxxxx

Original Lender

Pre-Visit Notification

No Further Notice or Warning Will be Given.

Refxxxxxxxxxxx The Funding Corporation £15010.52

Outstanding Balance.

Dear Overdone,

Your debt has been referred to us by the Cabot Financial Group. Due to the time this debt has remained unpaid. Immediate action is now required.

You must contact us within 48 Hours with

* A full settlement or a suitable offer of repayment.

If you Fail to respond, then we are instructed to continue with all recovery methods, which may result in one of the following actions being taken:

Our client commencing legal proceedings against you:

Doorstep Agents calling upon you.

Contact our recovery department on 0845 0700 381. Our opening hours are Mon to Fri 8.00 - 21.00 Sat 9.00 - 17.00

Yours sincerely

Fiona Reeves

Recoveries Manager.

Edited by overdone
add info

26 October 2009.

F I R E

P O Box 4506

Rugby

CV21 9DY

Dear F I R E (RECORDED DELIVERY)

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST. REQUEST FOR MISSING DOCUMENTS.

I am writing with regard to the Subject Access Request made by me on 22 May 2009.

I am rather concerned as to the omissions of The SAR pertaining to be ALL the documentation in relation to myself. After going through the documents that you have sent me, I have noticed that several documents are missing. As result I still require that you send them to me within 12 days from the above date.

Alleged Argos debt. Your ref. xxxxxxxxxxx

Missing statements from and including, September 2002 to May 2003.

EXACT copies of the default notice that Cabot alleges exist for this account.

Alleged Monument Account Your ref. xxxxxxxxxxxx

A full set of statements for this alleged account.

An EXACT copy of the default notice that Cabot alleges exists for this account.

Alleged The Funding Corporation Your ref. xxxxxxxxx

A full set of statements for this ALLEGED account.

I remind you that if you have not supplied this information within 12 days that your will be in default of the Data Protection Act and I will report Cabot to the relevant authorities.

I trust you can comply in time.

Yours faithfully,

Edited by overdone
typo

26 October 2009.

F I R E

P O Box 4506

Rugby

CV21 9DY

Dear F I R E (RECORDED DELIVERY)

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST. REQUEST FOR MISSING DOCUMENTS.

I am writing with regard to the Subject Access Request made by me on 22 May 2009.

I am rather concerned as to the omissions of The SAR pertaining to be ALL the documentation in relation to myself. After going through the documents that you have sent me, I have noticed that several documents are missing. As result I still require that you send them to me within 12 days from the above date.

Alleged Argos debt. Your ref. xxxxxxxxxxx

Missing statements from and including, September 2002 to May 2003.

EXACT copies of the default notice that Cabot alleges exist for this account.

Alleged Monument Account Your ref. xxxxxxxxxxxx

A full set of statements for this alleged account.

Alleged The Funding Corporation Your ref. xxxxxxxxx

A full set of statements for this ALLEGED account.

I remind you that if you have not supplied this information within 12 days that your will be in default of the Data Protection Act and I will report Cabot to the relevant authorities.

I trust you can comply in time.

Yours faithfully,

Don't forget the PS .... > By the way, I know FIRE is Cabot, operating out of the same offices with the same bosses etc etc

Just hate every DCA out there

FIRE

P.O. Box 4506

RUGBY

CV21 9DY

26 October 2009

Ref No xxxxxxxxx

Original Lender

Pre-Visit Notification

No Further Notice or Warning Will be Given.

Refxxxxxxxxxxx The Funding Corporation £15010.52

Outstanding Balance.

Dear Overdone,

Your debt has been referred to us by the Cabot Financial Group. Due to the time this debt has remained unpaid. Immediate action is now required.

You must contact us within 48 Hours with

* A full settlement or a suitable offer of repayment.

If you Fail to respond, then we are instructed to continue with all recovery methods, which may result in one of the following actions being taken:

Our client commencing legal proceedings against you:

Doorstep Agents calling upon you.

Contact our recovery department on 0845 0700 381. Our opening hours are Mon to Fri 8.00 - 21.00 Sat 9.00 - 17.00

Yours sincerely

Fiona Reeves

Recoveries Manager.

Have you sent them a trespasses will be shot letter?

FIRE

28 October 2009

P.O. Box 4506

RUGBY

CV21 9DY

30 September 2009

Ref No xxxxxxxxx

Original Lender. Monument

Original Lender

Outstanding Balance £2833.37

Refxxxxxxxxxxx

Outstanding Balance.

Dear Overdone,

Due to your failure to pay the above debt, FIRE has been instructed by our client, the Cabot Financial Group, to recover the full outstanding balance on your account.

You must now contact one of our agents in our recovery department on 0845 0700 381. Our opening hours are Mon to Fri 8.00 - 21.00 Sat 9.00 - 17.00

Yours sincerely

Fiona Reeves

Recoveries Manager.

Edited by overdone

All three debts now transferred to,

FIRE

28 October 2009

P.O. Box 4506

RUGBY

CV21 9DY

30 September 2009

Ref No xxxxxxxxx

Original Lender. Argos

Original Lender

Outstanding Balance £188.84

Refxxxxxxxxxxx

Outstanding Balance.

Dear Overdone,

You must now contact one of our agents in our recovery department on 0845 0700 381. Our opening hours are Mon to Fri 8.00 - 21.00 Sat 9.00 - 17.00

Yours sincerely

Fiona Reeves

Recoveries Manager.

Edited by overdone
add info