Letting Agent/Landlord/New Flat Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have an urgent situation.

A flat I applied for was first advertised on the market by the letting agency as being available on the 27th Jan 2021.

I recently separated from my partner and had to leave the property, so I am moving into this property.

However, at the moment I’m having to stay in a hotel until I move.

The issue is last Friday my application for referencing was completed and I was sent my tenancy via email, they said I’d have to sign a copy in the office on moving day.

I then paid two months rent in advance plus a 6 week deposit to the letting agent and I was due to move in this week, they said Friday at the latest.

Yesterday, I found out that an electrician has been round for the second time, I wasn’t even informed he’d been round the first time.

Today, the letting agency emailed me and stated that the electrician is going back round to the property tomorrow or Friday for a 3rd time, and that if there is anything wrong then that will need to be rectified before an electrician safety certificate can be issued, and I now may not be able to move in until next week.

The thing is something is obviously wrong here if an electrician is going round to the property for a 3rd time tomorrow and supposedly they don’t know if anything needs doing yet, it doesn’t sit right.

The Landlord is the one dealing with the electrician according to the Letting Agency.

I’m running out of funds and can’t afford to stay in the hotel much longer, I’ve had to travel to the area to stay in the hotel ready to move in this week and now there is all of this.

Something doesn’t sit right with all of this and there’s obviously issues, where do I stand on this?

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any replies.

Hi and Welcome to the forum....

I would ask the letting Agency to refund your deposit ...or  1 months rent....given that the accommodation is not ready as promised within the tenancy agreement...they are in breach of the agreement as the property is not legally ready to let.

Get a refund and explain why...they will soon sort the electricity problem out then. Oh and ask for a full copy of the electricians report... what was wrong...why did it require 3 visits ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread