FYI: Census 2021 (Shock and Horror)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All,

I just got my all new shiny demand to fill i the census for 2021 so thought I'd share the things I know:

1) Fine of up to £1000 and possible criminal conviction fi not filled in and returned before the date shown.

2) It's online now, but you CAN opt for a paper one to be sent out. I did find the ones shared online, but they're specimens of the actual ones: https://www.ons.gov.uk/census/censustransformationprogramme/questiondevelopment/census2021paperquestionnaires

3) If you opt for the paper route, you're in for a 32 page treat! 🤣

4) The missing Question 17 for England and Scotland is like that as it's Welsh only.

5) In order to be nailed in 1 above, you HAVE to fill in all of the questions which are NOT marked as voluntary

Cheers

Ade

Right I thought I'd make personal comments in a separate comment.

I'm shocked at the depth of this, but it seems like they're getting ready to start a HUGE fishing expedition and I can for see a flurry of fines, inquiries into peoples lives and more coming from this sheet looking at the questions.

I don't get why they made things like knowing my ex wives sex was, how well I speak English, and am I even qualified to say how my health is in general? What if I'm polygamous and in a happy polygynous marriage?  (Extreme example I know)..

I was seriously tempted to write "The voices told me to ignore this question" underneath the health one haha.

What the hell business is it of theirs who my visitors are? I'm not happy about all of this, especially if they farm this out to the likes of Lockheed Martin and Co....

The census is really just a snapshot exercise to understand the UK at a fixed moment in time.

Once they collect the data, it takes a long time for it to be input and when it is eventually all input it provides statistics that help Government plan services.

As far as I know the individual information you supply is not available to be searched by Government agencies for decades and then it only provides very basic info, such as names, age, occupation of people living at an address.  The data provided by everyone is just compiled in an anonymised way to provide the statistical data to show population details on one day in March 2021.

If you search for FOI requests online about this, you will find details.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It wont take long to put in, thats why they're so fussy aout how you write things in the box. OCR etc... thigns fly by... Example is the amount of mail Royal Mail OCR sort every day!

Nah, I'm not too fussed aout it, I feel its just too invasive and frankly none of their business.

I would tend to agree...just submitted mine online....completing for myself and wife.....

Q Is your partner female ?

Q What sexual orientation was your wife at the time of marriage ?

...appears there are more questions with regards to LGBT.... than property, occupation, residents, career and qualifications.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I cannot complete my census until 21st March as that is the day allocated to where I live.

So the day of completion depends on where you live.

Had not realised this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

18 hours ago, AdriHD said:

1) Fine of up to £1000 and possible criminal conviction fi not filled in and returned before the date shown.

5) In order to be nailed in 1 above, you HAVE to fill in all of the questions which are NOT marked as voluntary

What on earth does 5) mean - or am I being thick?

Is it meant to begin "In order NOT to be nailed... "

39 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

So the day of completion depends on where you live.

No - as cjcregg says it's "as at" the same date for everybody - otherwise it would be pointless taking a snapshot in time across the country on different dates.

You can fill it in before or after but the information needs to be as at 21 March

Edited by Manxman in exile

The way I read it, was that it could not be completed before 21st March.  It says to be completed on 21st March or asap afterwards.  No mention that you can complete before this, so I have not tried to complete online.

Just lie.................................

One-legged poly amourous icelandic goat herder married to a sheep.

H

Edited by Hammy1962

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

18 minutes ago, Hammy1962 said:

Just lie.................................

One-legged poly amourous icelandic goat herder married to a sheep.

H

I was trying to keep this secret !   She hates the smell of my mint mouthwash, says it brings back baad memories :)

Just completed the census. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As long as you accurately answer the questions "as at 21 March 2021" there is nothing to stop you filling it in before or after that date.  (Having said that, maybe the online version won't allow you to do so before the date... )

Mind you, unless you are a precision fortune-teller, I always think it's a bit risky filling it in beforehand.  (I once worked on a project run for the Isle of Man governement which depended on certain statistics being measured at a certain point in time.  Needless to say they weren't and sorting out the double-counting and things that had been completely missed out altogether was a nightmare.)

You can complete it on line now...nothing is going to change here from now to 21st March :becky:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread