Goskippy

Gemma19194
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone wishing to view the location, it is Hazlebarrow ROAD, Jordanthorpe, Sheffield, not Hazlebarrow Crescent as the OP originally stated.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hazlebarrow+Rd,+Jordanthorpe,+Sheffield/@53.3250213,-1.4622265,58m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4879830fcbc4e607:0xa8514d877d9f3e37!8m2!3d53.3252332!4d-1.4624469

The OP has inverted the direction, ie they were  travelling Southerly, rather than towards the North as Google Maps are orientated.

Streetview would seem to indicate that there is little incline or camber.

• Thanks 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Bankfodder, you have made a number of assumptions, not least of which is that the van was a 'wide' vehicle. However, the pictures that the OP has provided show that it is a Ford Transit Courier, which is no larger than a medium size saloon car.

You question the OP's statement that the van was stationary but other statements that the vehicle moved out into her path. It is clear from her previous posts that as she approached the line of parked vehicles on her left, the van pulled out into her path and crossed into the opposite lane, but then stopped  at an angle in her path , at which point she attempted to swerve to her left to avoid it, clipping the offside front wing, 

The affect of braking on the slushy ice and the impact sent her into the rear of the vehicle that was parked behind the gap vacated by the van. There is little camber and not a lot of bend at that site, (Your use of the word crest is associated with an incline, better description is apex for a bend)

I think you have probably confused your self which in turn will confuse the OP

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hazlebarrow+Rd,+Jordanthorpe,+Sheffield/@53.3249661,-1.4618968,192a,35y,180h/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4879830fcbc4e607:0xa8514d877d9f3e37!8m2!3d53.3252332!4d-1.4624469

Bank fodder, I don't know from where your image is, but the link that I have produced above is the location of the collision, opposite no 41 Hazlebarrow Road, just before the place where there are three white lines across the grass. You will see that there is minimal bend in the road although there is more bend earlier near the junction with Ormond Way, so emphasising this is steering the OP in the wrong direction.

The OP did mention in an early post the speed of 30 mph., but I suspect that this was merely an indication that she does not consider that she was speeding, rather than a precise speed.