Devitt Insurance claiming Green Card charge is underwriter charge **GOT IT WON**

WarrenBuffet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, been a while since I have sought the invaluable advice from the CAG community, but alas I need your help again.

I have insurance with Devitt,(for my motorcycle) and on taking the policy out I asked, as I had been advised to request the "Green Card".

So, I live in N. Ireland and was intending to go to the Irish Republic this coming weekend. I started my checks as regards driving license, insurance etc to see all documents were in place in order for me to cross the border and guess what!? .....No Green Card.

Called Devitt and asked them to issue me the Green Card, .....again! and was told there was " a £15 Underwriter charge."  

Is this correct and surely as many insurers do it would be offered free of charge or as a goodwill gesture for their failure to include on my policy as originally requested?

Edited by WarrenBuffet
Punctuation

You will have to refer back to the original pre contract or renewal information to see whether the Green card was included or not.  When you agreed to buy the policy and pay the premium was this on the basis that the Green card was included free of any charges ?

Go back to Devitt and ask them to provide contract documents to prove they can charge the £15 for the Green card and that if they cannot supply contract documents to prove this, they will need to refund the £15.

You also request copies of your data records, by making a Subject Access Request, ij particular asking for any phone or conversation records regarding a Green card, when buying the policy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi UncleB, thanks for responding. I did call them back and it appears to be hit & miss with Devitt and dependent upon which Customer service agent you get.

Spoke with a very pleasant lady and told her that I, like them recorded all calls and gave date time of call and specific time at which a green card was stipulated in order for me to take out the policy.

*Two days later a hard copy of the green card landed on my doorstep.

*Free of charge too.

Edited by WarrenBuffet

• dx100uk changed the title to Devitt Insurance claiming Green Card charge is underwriter charge **GOT IT WON**