Manda v's The Abbey

mintymanda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am quite shocked. I recieved a letter saying they were looking into my complaint and would get back to me. I though I would give them the Christmas period then send the third letter but yesterday morning I got aletter from them offering me £448 which I said to my husband we would accept as a part offer like I have read on here to do but to make clear that i would still be persueing with the rest of the claim for the outstanding ammount. I went to the bank yesterday afternoon and already the money is there.

If there a template for a letter to say that I accept this money as only part payment and will continue with my claim for the outstanding amount as I can not seem to find it in the library anywhere. Any help at this point would be much thankfully for.

omething along these lines:

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx and settlement offer of £XXX. I understand you have already credited my accouint with this amount.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account,

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder. As notified in my letter before action dated xx/xx/xx, I will be issuing a claim in the County Court on xx/xx/xx

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

• 1 month later...

I sent my letters att he beginning of January stating that I will accept the money as a gogw but will contiune my claim for the rest of my money. Today I have received a letter from the Abbey which is a copy of the letter I receieved in December with a cover letter saying that a full response was sentt o my home on the 22nd January but as it does not appear to have been delievered they are resending it and hope that is of assistance.

Basically are they stalling for time trying to close this after only giving me a quater of the money they took in charges?? What would you do next?

Manda, I reckon they wrote the letter, forgot to send it, then found it so dreamed up a cover story to send it now. This letter they're resending will just say "our investigation is taking longer than we thought - it will only take another 10 light years and the answer will still be no, but if you could just be patient with us because we are very busy with lots of nasty people wanting their charges back". I would just wait for the date when you told them you would take Court action and then do so. Regards, Mad Nick.

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07