HSBC litigation?

Shah57
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and you have this in writing?

did they give a reason why this happened other than 'an error?'

and did they register any kind of fraud or cifas marker on your file too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

got to have been due to them being suspect of large unaccounted for sums going in and out, sounds like a fraud investigation to me as thats the only real reason banks totally block everything.

you say this happened in january..why did you not immediately get all your going forward income paid to another account?

that doesn't take 10mts.?

you are going  to have a hardtime claiming defaults on your credit file some +3mts later and a repo'd car some month later is their fault.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you immediately and regularly WRITE to hsbc informing them of the issues this block was causing you, specifically relating being unable to pay rent, credit payments, car finance etc and the imminent closure of your paypal accounts that will result in the closure of your business too?

did they reply each time?

and they

send HSBC and sar leave it as is but specifically add you wish phonecall recordings or transcripts of all call since xyz date.

i don't think £1000 is enough no, but if this was me i would not have simply relied upon a few phonecalls here and there and only one letter if my whole life was falling apart , nor would i have awaited for them to resolve the issue so 10mts had elapsed till i seriously tried to do anything about it

i would have written to the CEO daily....

dx

and they

you need to prove HSBC were fully aware, in detail, of the very serious nature of your predicament.

i'll be honest and say as it stands , unless their account/comms log via an sar has notes or they have the phone call details, you don't appear to have been too bothered this was going on...from the evidence available.  a court would take the same view i think sadly.

you appear to have been more than happy to await some outcome where you believed they'd wave a magic wand and make it all correct again.

a letter from them to each establishment detailing their (HSBC) error and wanting defaults removed and the car returned and payments made upto date etc etc would be a good result, but i cant see that happening.

a 10 month delay is very unusual, we normally see these issues resolved within 6 weeks by most banks.

i think the sar is going to be the key here.

but that doesn't stop you from WRITING now to the CEO and complaining, carefully but briefly detailing, by simple bullets points how their 10month investigation concluding it was their error has ruined your life and what are they going to do about it.

and they

Lets put this into perspective.

You wont ever get £1000's out of them most def not the £15k? you are after..wont happen even through court.

And if you dont get written evidence they knew but stupidly did it all on a phone without recording your calls up creek are you. Your word against a powerful bank.

If your pp account were to be sorted is your business one that would recover? And why didnt you simply open another pp account with differing details using another bank ac and link that to your business?

Dx

and they

34 minutes ago, Shah57 said:

Well the banks do record calls don't they so the court can ask them for the phone transcripts. - not their job thats yours to prove .

It was all too much of a hassle trying to open a new account as I thought it would be resolved in a few days but clearly it was not. Anyway I will see how this goes. 

but you have waited 10mts and in a nutshell have done little to nothing to mitigate your issues.

and they

36 minutes ago, Shah57 said:

It's £152000. Ie loans, car finance,  credit cards etc. 

I did.

Tried to resolve it with the bank but it never happened and about three weeks later the lockdown came.

This is when my credit history started deteriorate with late payments and the chances of getting another bank account were low. 

£152k? or £15.2k or £1.52K

covid is no excuse for you or them trying to mitigate your losses.

and they

and your business was ever going to make that kind of money..?

there is absolutely no way you will ever get even 1/10th of that out of anyone in court let alone a multinational bank who will crush you dead.

the best here you could ever hope for is hsbc up their offer a few k, and give you a letter to copy to all the orgs that have defaulted you admitting it was their mistake that prevented your access to your money and if you were to now bring the balance upto date, would they remove their default.

• Thanks 1

and they

no such thing.

dx

and they