Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help ***Refund in Full***

waz70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The HMRC scam is just one of the many APP [Authorised Push Payment] scams going around. NatWest has signed up to the "Authorised Push Payment Scam Code".

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/fraud-and-security/app-code.html

In general banks are required by the Code to reimburse unless they can show that you have been "grossly negligent". They might argue that by ignoring the 'warning box' that popped up you had been grossly negligent, but if it were me i would argue that the scammers explanation of why I could ignore it was part of the scam of which I was a victim.

I found the explanation of what you should do on the 'Which?' website useful

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-to-do-if-youre-the-victim-of-a-bank-transfer-app-scam#:~:text=What is an 'authorised push,one belonging to a scammer.

Do as much research as you can before submitting your complaint.

Good luck.

Edited by Ethel Street
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

as per the which advice about APP scams

you have already been refused by nastywest

get into the FOS now

there is no need to further waste your time with any more complaint letters to the bank

The only thing about that though dx is that FOS apparently have a massive backlog of cases and it might take up to a year to get a FOS decision, according to Which. I've no idea if that's still true but if current delays are anything like that long there's nothing to be lost by lodging a further complaint to NatWest, as they have invited OP to do. I'll guess there will be an answer to that much quicker than any response you'll get from FOS.