Not finding things easy with MBNA

melanieh364
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read many threads from people on here who have been very succesful when phoning MBNA,is it just me or have they decided to make things more difficult?.This is what has happened to date.

22nd October sent off SAR with the £10 cheque. I received a letter back saying sorry about your complaint, we will get back to you before 4th December.

Yesterday I received a letter with the normal excuses and also to say they have credited my account with £325 as a goodwill gesture.There was a number on the letter to call to speak to a Gavin Theobald, I tried him several times and he was always out of the office and was told he would call back, asked for a few other names but there was apparantly nobody in the office. Today he was there and in another call and was told he would call back, I put on my sternest voice and said, ive heard that several times but its just not happening so this time I did get a call back but it was a waste of time.

I tried everything, asked why the 40 days were up and they had ignored the SAR and his reply was that we don't charge for it because all you really want are the statements, I told him that they hadnt bothered to send them either and he apologised and said he would get them to me in a week or so, I asked if he could give me a figure over the phone as he must have some idea but he wouldn't tell me, I reminded him the 40 days were now up and that I would be sending out the LBA but he didn't seem bothered at all, I tried everything to provoke him but he wouldn't budge. I have now sent a letter telling them that as they had not sent the information I had requested I would have to estimate the charges myself, ive done this and as I have no idea of the correct amount I have put 1,200 + 200 interest and i'm hoping that this will shock them into working out a figure. I am guessing the real figure is more in the region of 800.00.

Why was it that difficult for me, am I too much of a softie????????