sally v co-op

sallysas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It will give me enormous satisfaction to get some of my money back from this bank. Years ago when I asked them to freeze the interest as we had come to an agreement they said they only did this for really hard up claims!! So what was I? Let battle commence. I sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) off and obtained Royal Mail's free proof of posting. No need to throw money away.:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheque was cashed a week ago so if nothing heard by next Friday I will be giving them a courtesy "where is my data" call, then. Well it chivvied the West Bromwich BS a little, possibly. I might even be brave and attempt to go back to the beginning - after I have won my last 6 years.

It is a sobering and pleasing thought that when I have done it all correctly and obtained ALL money outstanding from various bank accounts, store cards, credit cards I will be debt free for the first time in my life. Three years hence when my youngest is 16 I have promised to take her to Italy for a 3 week camping holiday. I am going to start saving soon, just a small amount, but if, no WHEN, I am debt free it will not be small. Martin Lewis and the people on this site should be knighted for all the help and advice they give us. So how do we nominate them?

• 4 weeks later...

Help!!!! Data has not arrived within 40 days - but this is not unusual for the co-op is it. My problem is the a/c number I gave them was for equidebt who are being paid by cccs on my behalf. Equidebt have given me the co-op a/c number, so I will put both references on my next letter to them. Where do I send next letter to. The balloon street or Data Protection Register which is where I sent my data request. Cheque was cashed a month ago so they must know which account it is for. Will give them till the weekend. Oh stop panicking woman:confused:

Sometimes it is good to wait. Co-op rang me this evening to ascertain my correct type/number of account. Will be putting information in the post either this week or next. 'I have had this letter for some time' she said. Just before Christmas when everybody is rushing round like lunatics is not the time to sort out a difficult customer. All right I am being kind but it is on its way:) Sally

well done. commendable patience .........

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just working on vibes coming into my consciencsness. Now do I go for statutory or compound interest? This is a new departure for me now I am starting to gain confidence. Time for more angst? If I claim compound I can't claim the court 8% can I? Does it make a difference that this is a credit card a/c. Oh how the learning process goes on.......................:!:

How are you getting on?

bump

and you can claim the court 8% on top of compound but not until it goes there! [see MCOL site or faq]

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for that. I was only thinking out loud as well....... Time to do some reading as this is my last day off and the house is quiet. Hope you hear something soon yourself. Be good to have some spare money at easter although what I win back may go straight back to clear my debt via CCCS. No I think I'll ask for a cheque otherwise I won't have any spare to donate to this site.

Things are so well explained on this site that I feel REALLY STUPID when I have to ask for clarification.

Have done no 13 spreadsheet as it is a cc I have with them. I have entered 14.9% but what do I enter in claim date. £560 is my total for charges with £461.90 in interest charges. This sounds awfully high to me. Does this sound right to someone? Also where do I put the £10 they have cashed for SAR. Thanks, Sally

• 2 weeks later...

Just contacted them re cash advance % (which I can claim as it is a cc account). This works out as 22.8%. Then hey-presto, Vampiress's spreadsheets are down. Have a vague memory of reading that she was going to be adding this year into formulae. All to the good. Strange thing is though the authorised over-draft % is higher. I thought it was always the other way round?

It has been suggested to me that it is better for consistency to claim the same rate throughout, but then elsewhere it has been suggested that I claim the higher rate after the prelim letter to show the court I was willing to settle for lower figure. Decisions, decisions............

is this a credit card claim?

if so charge their monthly rate on the statement * 12. [or their quoted apr]

your claim looks correct above re int.

put you SAR £10 in the list on the letter or on your Spreadsheet at the bottom.

dx100uk

and they

Winding my self up re. interest spreadsheets. Can't get my head round the current ones available (advanced). It's the last 2 columns this dizzy blonde can't sort out. Just have to ask for help won't I? Will just wait for vampiress's google ones to come back. Hope she is not ill - lot of sickness about. I have made the decision to go for cash advance of 22.8% as they appear to be settling almost immediately. It's just a shame that I won't get any money out of this one as I owe more than I am claiming. But at least it will reduce my indebtiness to them by more than half.

thats what i'm doing on other a/c's i'm claiming.

i find the google ones from her site much easier.

dx100uk

and they

I am claiming compound contractual with 22.8% cash advance on my visa account. Does this look okay people?

datarj8.jpg

Just to make sure I have understood this correctly, the £50 payment showing on 19/03/02 I actually made on 06/03/02. Is this in the correct month? And this is really silly - whee do I enter my £10 data fee...

Thanks in advance, Sally

• 3 weeks later...

Bearing in mind I may have to stand up in front of a judge I have decided to go for the simple version (no 13) compound contractual. Does this part of my prelim look okay people

I calculate that you have taken £480.00 plus £712.02 which you have charged me in contractual compounded interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £1192.02.

The account’s Terms and Conditions specify the interest payable on cash advance drawings from the account. I believe that this applies to cash advance drawings by yourselves as well as cash advance drawings by me. I therefore believe that I am entitled to ask for this rate and further that it is justifiable under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on your cash advance interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

I have entered today's date 03/03/07. Does the spreadsheet change this automatically? Also remembered to add £10 fee. Feel like I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel now. Thanks in advance, Sally

hiya

looks ok to me go for it

like the letter btw i'll nick that!

as long as you have entered 3/3/7 in the correct [claim date] box of the ss then yep, it will do it for you

a good test, [like what i did] is to put next years date in & watch the calcs/total change.

you know its doing what is says then ok

i've got stacks to do

got about 5 claims going on so a bit buzy tinght

dx100uk:smile:

and they

5 all at once!!! I've only got 2 going through the courts at the moment but I am still quite a beginner. Interesting about the dates. I can change it to Monday in advance then. Couldn't believe the interest on the first date. £30 in charges back in 2000 yielded over £90 in interest. Wish I had gone for contractual before this. Ahhh well, I decided to see if I could walk first.

Feel free to help yourself to parts of the letter (as if I could stop you). I cannot claim authorship as I have lifted them from 2 other CAGers. Given that the co-op fold fairly quickly (well they used to didn't they) I am hoping that they will assume I really know what I am talking about so give me a quick result. Sally :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

A little bright spark in an otherwise dull week. Received reply to my prelim sdaying 'sorry to hear .......' They will respond within 7 days. Yes I know I should send my LBA this weekend, but I am quire happy to let them contact me within the next week. It's such a shame I will have to win a different claim as all money from this win will be swallowed up by outstanding amount owing. One IOU coming up.

• 2 weeks later...

Either Mr A Swinley is overrun with complaints or he is on holiday. At any rate he failed to contact me within 7 days so I will be sending off lba tomorrow amending it slightly to confirm I received his letter and also that I am still claiming contractual. Just goes to show you can be too relaxed in your waiting. Am I destined to be the first one to proceed to court? Good job I've been there before but this is no time to become complaicent.8-)

the co-op has never gone as far as court so far

they will settle i'm sure

dx100uk:D

and they

Hiya sally i also got the letter from Andrew Swinley but no contact from them in 7 days as they said got my letter on the 14th march so have given them 1 1/2 wks still that can only look good for us if it goes to court which i expect it not to anyway LBA is in post tommoz morning. Good Luck to you

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.