Next step in the deposit-return saga!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Steve

Hijack was interesting but didn't really apply to our saga (and I kept getting excited that people might be giving us advice and support ;) )

My housemate spoke to the court yesterday and they advised that he hasn't submitted any docs but as the hearing is only a week away there's no point sending a letter asking Judge to strike out as he may not get it/be dealt with in time

Likelihood is that as he has shown complete disregard to the process (late submissions, only responded to unless order etc) he won't be able to submit any documentation (including his video)

7 days and counting!!

Sorry I haven't updated before now but am still smarting a bit!

We lost ... well the case was dismissed. Despite the fact that the landlord did not enter a witness statement or copy of documents etc he was allowed to use his video (which all of us had to try and watch off a tiny screen) and other items he had brought with him.

Unfortunately as we didn't take any proof that it would have been cheaper to hire some cleaners and gardeners the judge therefore ruled that £20/hour was not unreasonable

So lessons learnt ...

don't include their responses to your letters in your bundle

Get some cleaning quotes

Take pictures of everything

Ho hum ... at least it's over and done with now - despite not having won I feel like a weight which has been on my shoulders for a year is now gone

Good luck to anyone else out there

Hi there, am really sorry to hear that!!

Have followed your case with interest.. it guts me to think people get away with this!!!

I have just submitted my claim today and just cant wait to get it all over with.

Thank goodness i took pictures (and i know she didn't)!!

Good luck with future rentals!!!!