@Inchcapeuk Burton Upon Trent avoiding their consumer obligations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 29/08/2020 at 09:52, GoldenGoose said:

This is the first I have seen it, just checked all my paperwork and I was not provided this at the time of sale or since until the finance company have requested it.

Am I reading that correctly??

It does state what I have said?

This is the tyreweld which is bad practise again, would be good to see if someone has knowledge on CAG regarding the use of this because I’m sure its a temporary fix

166E87CA-8228-4A98-B6D0-D368B63D5CE6.png

Whoa, holy used cars batman, a job card, or part of it, on CAG. Who would of thought it.

It just say's 'Tyreweld', not that they used it or where, just one word, many assumptions.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

But you wouldn't, during the course of a normal service or repair, remove the tyre(s). Wheels maybe, not tyres. You might check their pressure but you would have to physically remove the tyre and check the inside of the tread for evidence of tyreweld. Something which would not routinly happen.

Even if they found a puncture during the prep they would have repaired it in the traditional way, not with the inefficiency and faff of tyreweld.

Does the car have a traditional physical spare or space saver tyre or does it have an inflation kit.

Maybe 'Tyreweld' is just a generic term and prompt for the  service technician to check for the presence of an inflation kit.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

A compressor is not enough on its own. If you were to get a puncture a can, or whatever, of sealant (Tyreweld?) is needed to seal the leak. The compressor just inflates it after the sealant is added. There maybe a better explanation in your instruction book. Your local Garage is guessing. What you need is evidence, especially if it goes anywhere near a Judge.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

If you can get over the fact that it's a Renault (Yuk) have a look at this.

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Be careful, too many contributors to this post are happy to propose court at the first hint of trouble.

Too many people are jumping to conclusions without evidence.

I will always remember the Jaguar Guy, got his car damaged at a Jaguar Dealer by a faulty pressure washer. egged on by all and sundry to go to court. Lost. Nearly lost his house.

The Tyreweld bit is just an illustration of why you need to be 110% of your facts and try not to make your story, fit the facts.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

I have a bad feeling about his. Inchcape are not known for sharp practice.

Somethings up.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

I don’t usually post this far because I have long held and definitive views on the Motor Industry. But Bankfodder, they are not stupid. They are also, probably, not narrow minded, they are business men and women. Calling one or many stupid is an unhelpful generalisation.

H

Edited by Hammy1962
  • Haha 1

GARUDALINUX.ORG