Jd Vs Cahoot

JDandCoke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure how to start this exactly, but I'm sending off my first letter for the subject access request being sent today recorded dleivery.

Wish me luck! I think I'm looking at about £2000 in charges over 3 accounts.

should this be 3 different claims? or can I claim all 3 (cc, loan and c/a) in one.

Copy of letter:

Me

My address

Mytown

CAHOOT

ABBEY NATIONAL PLC

2 TRITON SQUARE

REGENTS PLACE

LONDON

NW1 3AN

29th November 2006

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBERS: X, X, X

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

*me*

Well, here's an interesting turn.

I decided to wait to send in the paper request and do a electronic request via their site.

This is the reply I got from them:

Thank you for contacting cahoot in Coventry.

You can view the last 12 months statements online and we can order duplicate statements for you but please be advised that there is a charge of £5 per statement for this service.

To view your statements log onto your personal homepage and:

- select your account

- click on 'statement'.

Remember you can view and print up to 12 months worth of statements from your personal homepage.

If you require paper statements then please advise the statements that you require and that you are aware of the £5 per statement fee.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us either by secure message / email or by calling 0844 9000 900.

We are open between 8am and 8pm in the week and between 10am and 6pm over the weekend and always happy to help in any way that we can.

Kind Regards,

David Miller

Who would you rather be in cahoots with?

Seems they want to charge me £5 per statement. Is this right? can they really do that? or is the limit £10 set in stone.

I just went on the contact us bit and asked nicley for a full list of charges and interest and they sent them for free within days.

Cahoot

Prelim sent 2nd Aug 2006 - usual "if your not happy then sod off" reply.

LBA sent 25th Aug 2006 - another "if your not happy then sod off" and an offer to refund £130, accepted as partial settlement, used to pay for MCOL

MCOL filed on 15th Sept 2006.

Acknoledged 26th Sept 2006

Defended 12th Oct 2006 in a letter to me but not to the courts

Started judgement by default on 30th Oct 2006

Barclaycard

Citibank

Halifax sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 09/10/06 nothing back yet

Capital one

etc..........watch out here I come.

I sent a cheque for £10.00 with the dpa letter which they returned with a full list of transactions on the account for free

cap one - prelim letter sent 23/8 £460 owed

partial refund, now sod off letter received 6/9

lba 5/10, claim served 30th jan,

CAP ONE SETTLED IN FULL 15thTH FEB!!!

lloyds card services - prelim sent 23/8 £332 owed

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

claim issued via mcol 13/10

awaiting papers from SC&M

court date set for 26th March

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

5/10 lba sent for pre action disclosure

settled in full 2.1.07

cahoot - Data Protection Act sent 7/8 on hold for a while

Tesco - prelim sent 6/10 £200 owed